Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

High Burst Class Question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
High Burst Class Question

Tangenobi
04.13.2012 , 12:55 PM | #1
Hey guys I have a question

The way I play my Inf-Shadow and how I look at Stealthed classes in this game is like a predator.

I sneak in the shadows hunting weak prey then I hop on them then vanish. (unless you get jumped which always happens) The way I see it is sustained damage classes softens up the targets and the high burst targets finishes them off..I never attack a full health target on him unless it's needed. (healer or player gettign smacked on, or enemy is capping etc) I don't play PvP that much so my question is if a Scrapper or Inf. shadow is played in that way would they be more effective?

I see alot of people on here who mainly PvP so this question is directed towards them..
Jedi Sentinel- Tan-jenobi (Tan-Jenobee) Jedi Guardian-GyonGunslinger- BlastmastaJedi Shadow- Ky'zin
Commando- Radonn
Sage- Dartanus

Escarrabutxaques
04.13.2012 , 01:08 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tangenobi View Post
Hey guys I have a question

The way I play my Inf-Shadow and how I look at Stealthed classes in this game is like a predator.

I sneak in the shadows hunting weak prey then I hop on them then vanish. (unless you get jumped which always happens) The way I see it is sustained damage classes softens up the targets and the high burst targets finishes them off..I never attack a full health target on him unless it's needed. (healer or player gettign smacked on, or enemy is capping etc) I don't play PvP that much so my question is if a Scrapper or Inf. shadow is played in that way would they be more effective?

I see alot of people on here who mainly PvP so this question is directed towards them..
Scrapper I guess, Infiltration burst requires some setup, scrappers don't, your 2 first gcds are your big attacks (shoot first/backblast). Also, the playstyle you've described is the only way to play scrapper/op and be effective, while with shadow you'll have a lot more utility and mobility and you are not so stealth/opener dependant as scrapper is.

Tangenobi
04.13.2012 , 01:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Escarrabutxaques View Post
Scrapper I guess, Infiltration burst requires some setup, scrappers don't, your 2 first gcds are your big attacks (shoot first/backblast). Also, the playstyle you've described is the only way to play scrapper/op and be effective, while with shadow you'll have a lot more utility and mobility and you are not so stealth/opener dependant as scrapper is.
So basically if the scrapper played this way and hunts down weak wounded players (which u find alot) they would be very effective? Hmmmn. imo no class should be able to take down another class from full health to zero in a flash or even very quickly. ( If they are ebgaged in a battle of course not getting blindsided the whole time). So Scrappers when they do catch someone wounded should be very successful in that role of being a predator? (shark smeeling blood in the water)
Jedi Sentinel- Tan-jenobi (Tan-Jenobee) Jedi Guardian-GyonGunslinger- BlastmastaJedi Shadow- Ky'zin
Commando- Radonn
Sage- Dartanus

Tangenobi
04.13.2012 , 01:36 PM | #4
excuse the bad spelling
Commando- Radonn
Sage- Dartanus

Escarrabutxaques
04.13.2012 , 02:43 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tangenobi View Post
So basically if the scrapper played this way and hunts down weak wounded players (which u find alot) they would be very effective? Hmmmn. imo no class should be able to take down another class from full health to zero in a flash or even very quickly. ( If they are ebgaged in a battle of course not getting blindsided the whole time). So Scrappers when they do catch someone wounded should be very successful in that role of being a predator? (shark smeeling blood in the water)
It would be more effective than shadow in doing so, higher burst, no need to getting charges or procs as shadow do, etc. Yes, scrappers/operatives can be very effective on alderaan/novare coast against pug teams.