Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

You're hosed. Your options are:

A) Reroll.

B) Wait until the devs fix the issue and hope that it allows you to catch up with all of the sidequests you missed because they were locked to you.

*sigh* Well, not gonna get any better reason then this to work on my SI. I hope they fix it soon :(.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've only had 1 flirt option near the beginning, haven't had anything else. 2.5k affection, sometimes i'll get a she wants to talk on your ship thing but it goes away and comes back often.

sup with that?

There's a class quest you get that involves going to a factory on an asteroid, if you haven't done that one yet then you won't get any other quests from her. If I remember right, it doesn't come up until after you finish the class quests on Taris and Nar Shaada.

Man this is really frustrating, now I know why she never gave me any quests! Do any of you guys have any idea if this is something they can fix in a patch, so I can just pick up her quests and continue as normal, or should I just reroll?

Oh, I just started Act II, and I have 7400 affection

Edited by Herings

Man this is really frustrating, now I know why she never gave me any quests! Do any of you guys have any idea if this is something they can fix in a patch, so I can just pick up her quests and continue as normal, or should I just reroll?

Oh, I just started Act II, and I have 7400 affection

Nobody can answer that except developers, if it's important to you I would reroll.

• Dev Post

Hello all!

I can confirm that there is indeed an issue here.

The TL;DR version is this:

Until we can get the fix up, don't flirt with Kira during The Defector quest! :mon_trap: (she will stop giving affection conversations)

The underlying issue has already been fixed internally, and should be showing up on our known issues list in a moment. It will take us a few days to roll out the fix so new players won't encounter the issue. It'll take us a bit longer to get a fix out for characters already experiencing the issue, but don't panic -- you should be able to hit the ground running with Kira as if nothing had ever been wrong (affection accumulated between now and then should not be harmed). Free to continue using Kira if you don't mind cashing in on your investment at a later date, or perhaps you might get to better know your cheeky T-7 droid!

Lastly, props to Cadan for his assistance in helping us track down this bug and give it the Yoda Stick! :wea_10:

Confirmed, if you skip that first dark side flirt, you're good to go.

by 1st dark side flirt do you mean the time <spoiler> when you return to your ship and find her captured by a sith?<spoiler> Dont remember whether I received a DS point by flirting there.

by 1st dark side flirt do you mean the time <spoiler> when you return to your ship and find her captured by a sith?<spoiler> Dont remember whether I received a DS point by flirting there.

You don't get a DS point by flirting with her there.It's after Nar Shaddaa I believe.

It was fixed for me. All of beta I could not get her to talk to me but in launch she has several times.

She only started after you finish the emperors child quest, then I got 3 conversations in a row with her. Afterwards nothing. Then after you finish act 1 I got another 3 in a row, ending in a quest to go to nar shada. I did that quest, and it worked. She talked to me once again after that. Since then nothing. Last conversation I had with her was that she was looking into the marriage thing.

We will see what happens after act 2.

so im new here.

i really dont wanna miss the romance option with kira...

so i would like to ask... when EXACTLY do i have to NOT chose the flirt option???

can i say that the FIRST time when a flirt option appear in a dialogue with kira thats the option that i have to not chose... then the next time that a flirt option appears, this new flirt option will not be a DS one and then i can chose it without screwing the romance flag???

any help would be nice, i really would like to know exactly where is the flirt option that we should not chose if we wanna romance kira...

had it happen to me, fairly dissapointing.. level 30 and there is no way in hell that I am going to re-roll a JK @ this point just for that. Very dissapointed that there wasnt some kind of built in pop in the game when u hover over that flirt option (something they could have easily coded in i think)

oh well i will hope that BioWare has this on their list of sooner rather than later fixes.

Just wanted to add, I've been worried that it did not fix it in the long run and there were more broken flags. After that spurt of dialogues I had nothing for ages, however as soon as I finished chapter 1 I got another batch of dialogues including a companion quest.

To anyone out there who uses my suggested 'fix' and finds you do not get any quests for awhile, it is most likely due to you have a relatively high affection. This causes you to automatically get ALL of the dialogues at once. Dialogues are unlocked through two triggers, one being levels of affection and the other being certain events in game, like you could have full affection and fulfill the criteria for any dialogue but until you reach a certain part of your class storyline nothing will happen.

This actually makes a lot of sense as many of the dialogues reference in game events and would not make sense without the second trigger. Its just irrating if you always use kira and never use T7 because you gain 'too much' affection

Edited by Cadan

Can someone tell me after the ground rules interaction when the next one comes? I'm nearly at 2500 now and nothing since then..

-C.S.

Read the post above you. He's pretty much answered every possible known bug/weirdness at this point with Kira.

And just to reinforce the point, I rerolled a Jedi Knight back up to the fight on the asteroid station and can confirm that:

not taking the dark side flirts leads to non-DS flirts that successfully lead to the romance plot. After taking the non-DS flirt in the 2nd intercom conversation, a bunch of Kira's quests pop up in the cockpit of your ship. The last one has 2 options that lead to a kiss with Kira, it should be pretty obvious which they are.

Edited by TheBigUnit