Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MasterAnderson
12.16.2011 , 11:52 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
You're hosed. Your options are:

A) Reroll.

B) Wait until the devs fix the issue and hope that it allows you to catch up with all of the sidequests you missed because they were locked to you.
*sigh* Well, not gonna get any better reason then this to work on my SI. I hope they fix it soon .
HK-47 "Statement: Just a simple droid, here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along."

Spomo
12.16.2011 , 12:14 PM | #52
There is also the fact that I am still in act one and my stuff says she should "be with me" but I haven;t seen her since.

skrissak
12.16.2011 , 12:48 PM | #53
i've only had 1 flirt option near the beginning, haven't had anything else. 2.5k affection, sometimes i'll get a she wants to talk on your ship thing but it goes away and comes back often.

sup with that?

Atamasama
12.16.2011 , 01:03 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by skrissak View Post
i've only had 1 flirt option near the beginning, haven't had anything else. 2.5k affection, sometimes i'll get a she wants to talk on your ship thing but it goes away and comes back often.

sup with that?
There's a class quest you get that involves going to a factory on an asteroid, if you haven't done that one yet then you won't get any other quests from her. If I remember right, it doesn't come up until after you finish the class quests on Taris and Nar Shaada.
⋐‖║╿╿╿╿▀▀‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾)

CivicTiger
12.16.2011 , 01:23 PM | #55
I also have this bug.
I had 1.9k affection with her when I arrived on Tatooine.. and there was the icon above her face to speak to her on the ship.
I died.
I went to she ship, and I couldn't speak to her, went off the ship and the icon was no longer there.

Danik_Kreldin
12.16.2011 , 04:34 PM | #56
Hm, I didn't have this problem in beta, though admittedly I did not get far. It was some time after Taris or Nar Shaddaa, I forget which, we were in the cockpit and we had our first kiss. It all seemed to work right. I'm not that far in live yet, hopefully I avoid the bug!

Herings
12.16.2011 , 05:06 PM | #57
Man this is really frustrating, now I know why she never gave me any quests! Do any of you guys have any idea if this is something they can fix in a patch, so I can just pick up her quests and continue as normal, or should I just reroll?

Oh, I just started Act II, and I have 7400 affection
"Who I am is not important, my message, is." - Revan

Atamasama
12.16.2011 , 05:54 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Herings View Post
Man this is really frustrating, now I know why she never gave me any quests! Do any of you guys have any idea if this is something they can fix in a patch, so I can just pick up her quests and continue as normal, or should I just reroll?

Oh, I just started Act II, and I have 7400 affection
Nobody can answer that except developers, if it's important to you I would reroll.
⋐‖║╿╿╿╿▀▀‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾)

Herings
12.16.2011 , 05:56 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
Nobody can answer that except developers, if it's important to you I would reroll.
Yeah, I thought as much. Figured it was worth a shot to see if anyone had any ideas. Thanks.
"Who I am is not important, my message, is." - Revan

MattPucevich
12.16.2011 , 06:51 PM | #60 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello all!

I can confirm that there is indeed an issue here.

The TL;DR version is this:
Until we can get the fix up, don't flirt with Kira during The Defector quest! (she will stop giving affection conversations)

The underlying issue has already been fixed internally, and should be showing up on our known issues list in a moment. It will take us a few days to roll out the fix so new players won't encounter the issue. It'll take us a bit longer to get a fix out for characters already experiencing the issue, but don't panic -- you should be able to hit the ground running with Kira as if nothing had ever been wrong (affection accumulated between now and then should not be harmed). Free to continue using Kira if you don't mind cashing in on your investment at a later date, or perhaps you might get to better know your cheeky T-7 droid!

Lastly, props to Cadan for his assistance in helping us track down this bug and give it the Yoda Stick!