Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative or Assassin?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Operative or Assassin?

GeoLager
04.13.2012 , 12:39 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Haystak View Post
Do you even play this class? I am completly serious. If I can manage 2 crits with Shoot First and back blast, that 7k damage without defensive cooldowns up. I still have my second stun, a pistol whip1(2.5k crit), and sucker punch(2.6k crit) before you can even do ****. Thats 5 abilities before you get 1, which is what I refer to as my opener. I havent even mentioned sabo charge yet. Thats close to 13k with full crits, and most classes as of yet have anywhere between 16.5k to 20k of health. Gear or not, Im most likely going to get you to 50%, if i have any luck at all.

after that Im using my snare if your trying to run away(which is dumb), placing dots, and using grenade and like you said my flurry of bolts; which at hits of 700 every GCD is nothing to laugh at, also if your ranged, and running, what abilities are you using? How long do you think its really going to take me to catch back up with you while you channel your abilites?

I rarely come accross a class that can keep me from ace'ing them in a 1v1, unless that class is a skilled healer, in which case its usually a draw or a very long fight.. The good players know to run, stun and delay my melee *** until someone can come help them if they have something worth defending.

You also need to look at our changes in the past couple patches, would you not agree we have recieved atleast a minor nerf in almost every major patch since release? They didnt do this because we were completly useless, its because people on other classess complained we were destroying them from our opening salvo, and before you say it, they only slowed us a bit in 1.2, not stopped our burst, that opener I mentioned earlier was not affected.

If your not getting results with your scoundrel, work on using stealth more effectively.

So now shoot first and back blast do 10k damage combined huh when neither of them crit for much over 4k in the most ideal of circumstances... In fact, shoot first only crits for about 3.5k because it is substantially weaker than back blast.

Logical inconsistencies show how wrong you are, and you should feel bad for trying to fool anyone.

Haystak
04.13.2012 , 12:52 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by GeoLager View Post
So now shoot first and back blast do 10k damage combined huh when neither of them crit for much over 4k in the most ideal of circumstances... In fact, shoot first only crits for about 3.5k because it is substantially weaker than back blast.

Logical inconsistencies show how wrong you are, and you should feel bad for trying to fool anyone.
Where are you seeing 10k? I said 7k.

Re-edited: Removal of insult to comform to Forum rules. I am still done with this thread though; as arguing is an exercise in futility. I shall simply let my gameplay and abilities speak for themselves. Though I am sure I wont see the OP, I hope to show others the abilty of a sco/ops when played to potential through my actions, and the actions of other sco/ops to come.
Airwolf -55-Scoundrel
Mcrose -55-Shadow
Makros -55-Marauder
Mac-Ros -55-Vangaurd

GeoLager
04.13.2012 , 12:58 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Haystak View Post
Where are you seeing 10k? I said 7k.

Edit: Forget it, im done. I forgot rule number 1 on the forums. "Never argue with idiots, becuase no one can tell the difference between you and the idiot"

Okay, so you're playing scrubs.

The normal amount of HP people have when they have gear is between 18-25k. My operative alone has 18k HP.

7k is not 50% of 18k. It's not even close.

Anyone with 14k is running around in centurion gear.