Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The real reason Empire is more popular than Republic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The real reason Empire is more popular than Republic

Maniigoldo
04.13.2012 , 12:51 PM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterMT View Post
So many theories, when the truth is out there for all to see...

British accents are sexier than American accents.

End of story.
hell yea

Maniigoldo
04.13.2012 , 12:53 PM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenjohnp View Post
It's simply because they're perceived as "cooler". Not mentioning the fact that Darth Vader is the most popular character in the entire franchise.
not perceived.....
they ARE cooler in every single possible way

the reps are boring,monotone and most classes story are horrible and boring

best story goes to the agent.

Likewater
04.13.2012 , 12:57 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by Maniigoldo View Post
not perceived.....
they ARE cooler in every single possible way

the reps are boring,monotone and most classes story are horrible and boring

best story goes to the agent.
wait IA's assemble and lead an army? Save royal families and diplomats, and uncover sleeper agents? Cause Jedi Consular Chapters 2 and 3 are white knuckle rides.

And Smuggler missions have hilarious dialogue, and quirky companions.

Maniigoldo
04.13.2012 , 01:02 PM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by OnlyIrish View Post
No, it's because kids think it's cool to play as the bad guys, when in reality the good guys always win.
sure thats why the empire have the most % of wins wz....becasue the "kids" play for the empire

Trollarama
04.13.2012 , 03:47 PM | #205
Actualy, does a server exist with majority republic?

Trobon
04.13.2012 , 04:10 PM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
wait IA's assemble and lead an army? Save royal families and diplomats, and uncover sleeper agents? Cause Jedi Consular Chapters 2 and 3 are white knuckle rides.

And Smuggler missions have hilarious dialogue, and quirky companions.
No they just uncover plots to undermine the sith, infiltrate terrorist cells, choose whether to let assets get away in order to better utilize their intelligence later and make decisions where thousands of lives are at stake. All in chapter 1. And that's the least exciting of their chapters. Once chapter 2 starts... well I won't go into it because spoilers, but its quite the story.

I personally am a Republic fan. I played a Knight as my main and he was a great ride. But nothing compares to the IA story.

LordTaral
04.13.2012 , 04:50 PM | #207
To me the bad guys are almost always more interesting, and the good guys tend to be dull. Plus despite the incredibly impossible odds, the good guys always bs a way to win, which is lame. That is why I went sith, to make sure we win.

Pasaria
04.14.2012 , 08:47 AM | #208
When I played on Republic, there were many times an entire situation felt like a betrayal was coming. Saving people is all very well, but I still expected something to happen. Corrupt politicians is about the extent of what I got. Plus, for example, I don't see how my Jedi companion would just stand by and let me give some senator the means to further slavery in the Republic.

Playing as a Sith, everything seems much more rewarding. The beginning Warrior storyline is exactly what you'd expect. It's so much fun to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY4uwy6xDIY

My server seems to have equal numbers of Sith and Republic, so I guess I lucked out there. The ships and accents are much sexier on the Empire. The armor looks somewhat decent (I detest the Knight PvP gear (it looks like it would more appropriate on BH, but that's for another thread I guess)). The storyline choices often have amusing or satisfying results. I've always had much more fun destroying things than anything. It's more fun to swing a sledgehammer through a wall than to put a wall up, imo.

That all being said, playing full dark side often conflicts with my personal morals. Playing greyside is the best solution to this. Choose what you want to choose without worrying if you're going to lower your light/darkside score.

Lailana - RP Sith
Pasaria
| Ber
50 Sentinel | 20 Juggernaut

Selenial
04.14.2012 , 09:01 AM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by Jumpingspider View Post
Nono, it's the clothes. We're fashionists. :P
Kira actually brings up a good point in the lower promenade: Nar Shadaa, its...
"All the sith look so stylish, its like all the fashion designers have gone to the dark side."
Hehe, love kira, i only stay republic because my guild is republic, the moment they bring legacy guild chat im going imp...
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial
04.14.2012 , 09:02 AM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Kira actually brings up a good point in the lower promenade: Nar Shadaa, its...
"All the sith look so stylish, its like all the fashion designers have gone to the dark side."
Hehe, love kira, i only stay republic because my guild is republic, the moment they bring legacy guild chat im going imp...
By legacy guild chat i mean darkside version of republic guilds sharing the same chat panel as their republic counterparts.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger