Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black scrren in game ?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jshake
12.15.2011 , 05:16 PM | #11
The game doesn't even come up for me...I hit 'play' and all I get is a black screen for two seconds, then it just goes back to the desktop!!

Soliis
12.15.2011 , 05:18 PM | #12
I believe you have a different issue than what we are having. try searching the forums.

Glaedorn
12.15.2011 , 05:24 PM | #13
unplugging replugging my compute doesnt work i still have the same problem thanks tho
CDD

Xaryell
12.15.2011 , 05:32 PM | #14 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

If you are experiencing an issue with a black screen after clicking 'Play in the launcher, please see this topic.

If your client is crashing to desktop after clicking play, please see this topic.

If the issue is still unresolved after checking the above, please reply with a copy of your DXDiag. To get your DXDiag report, follow these instructions:
  1. Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time. (The [Windows] key is the key with the Windows icon on it)
  2. Type in ‘DxDiag’ and press ‘OK’.
  3. This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool box.
  4. At the bottom of the box is a ‘Save All information’ button. Press it.
  5. This will open a ‘Save As’ box. Please ensure the text file is named ‘DxDiag’.
  6. Save this to your desktop.
  7. Open the saved file, hit Ctrl+A (select all), and then Ctrl+C (copy).
  8. Paste that information at the bottom of your post. Please use code or spoiler tags.
I hope this helps.

Xaryell | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

BMGBen
12.15.2011 , 05:39 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by S1-W7 View Post
Hello everyone,

If you are experiencing an issue with a black screen after clicking 'Play in the launcher, please see this topic.

If your client is crashing to desktop after clicking play, please see this topic.

If the issue is still unresolved after checking the above, please reply with a copy of your DXDiag. To get your DXDiag report, follow these instructions:
  1. Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time. (The [Windows] key is the key with the Windows icon on it)
  2. Type in ‘DxDiag’ and press ‘OK’.
  3. This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool box.
  4. At the bottom of the box is a ‘Save All information’ button. Press it.
  5. This will open a ‘Save As’ box. Please ensure the text file is named ‘DxDiag’.
  6. Save this to your desktop.
  7. Open the saved file, hit Ctrl+A (select all), and then Ctrl+C (copy).
  8. Paste that information at the bottom of your post. Please use code or spoiler tags.
I hope this helps.
Spoiler

Xaryell
12.15.2011 , 05:47 PM | #16 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by BMGBen View Post
Spoiler
Hello BMGBen

Your DXDiag would indicate that you have an outdated driver version (11.8). This driver version is known to specifically cause this type of issue. I would recommend upgrading to a newer driver version. You can get the latest drivers here

Xaryell | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Glaedorn
12.15.2011 , 05:47 PM | #17
Thanks alot ... updating the video card drivers worked well !! i love you !!
CDD

BMGBen
12.16.2011 , 06:02 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by S1-W7 View Post

Hello BMGBen

Your DXDiag would indicate that you have an outdated driver version (11.8). This driver version is known to specifically cause this type of issue. I would recommend upgrading to a newer driver version. You can get the latest drivers here
This fixed it, love you so much for this! you need to spread this info to the other plays suffering from this!