Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best imperial healer

LordPorkins
04.12.2012 , 06:44 AM | #1
Hi guys,

Looking to start and imperial character, having played for the most part on the republic side. I am a serial altoholic and I won't embarass myself by naming all my alts. It suffices to say that I am on two servers!

Anyway, I want to start a healer on the imperial side. What would you recommend. I am leaning away from force users because I already have a guardian, sage and sentinel.

Operative? Mercenary? If the sorcerer is the best then I guess I will go with that....

Quotius
04.12.2012 , 06:49 AM | #2
Might have been better asking / reading the Roles > Healer area (see above) but from what I gather its Sorc.

Achromatis
04.12.2012 , 08:58 AM | #3
PvE? PvP? Resource difficulty, ease of play? What kind of healer are you looking for, a stealthy one, more of a turret, or high mobility? Melee or range?

The "Best" healer depends on what youre doing and what playstyle youre after.
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data

LordPorkins
04.12.2012 , 05:33 PM | #4
Ok. I don't want to be stationary. I like mobility in my characters because that's the playstyle I enjoy.

I enjoy pvp more than pve but do both.

Achromatis
04.13.2012 , 12:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LordPorkins View Post
Ok. I don't want to be stationary. I like mobility in my characters because that's the playstyle I enjoy.

So Op or Sorc then, Merc healers are not very mobile. I would say Operative because youre sick of glowsticks, and they can be pretty fun to level(theyre somewhat late bloomers though) with stealth(mez elites to get chests or quest objectives without a fight) and a good story.

Operative is a better midrange kiter too, with snares/stuns and HoT+instant heal. Sorcs are better at getting distance then turning and healing/firing off some abilities. And probably consider the DPS playstyles too just in case you want to change it up, since an Operative is melee and a Sorc is ranged.

Then the other big difference to consider is Stealth(stealthier in general too, less notable than someone running around with lightning and a glowstick), vanish escaping, and stuns vs. a Sorcs "dash", knockback, and "lifegrip". Either way youre going to have some decent tricks.

Most of this is based off my experience fighting these classes(I do have a 50 Operative, but its a PvE character), not playing them myself. As an Immortal Jugg, I tend to pick on healers a lot lol.
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data

namelless
04.13.2012 , 10:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LordPorkins View Post

You're probably going to want to roll an Operative then. Operatives are(at the moment) the most pvp-friendly healing class with quite a bit of mobility.

The only problem i see here is you're a self confessed alt-aholic and Ops do not become good or even satisfactory healers until they reach their mid 30s.
Elagabalus- Sith Sorcerer(alt)
Commodus- Scoundrel(main)

Shinwon
04.13.2012 , 10:59 AM | #7
Definitely go with Operative. There's this one Op in my server who is ridiculously difficult to kill -- even after 1.2. I have no problem killing merc healers or sorcs after 1.2.