Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it me of Lost island HM is overtuned??

Rafkin
04.13.2012 , 10:33 AM | #41
1) There is a boss that drops Columi ( we got headpiece) before LR-5 sentinel Droid so I don't think the droid is the first boss.

2) Maybe we were bugged but the bubbles didn't grow, they started out huge. After 30 seconds of slowly kiting him the room is full of bubbles.

3) Melee standing behind him is great, except, if you move the mob far enough to allow people behind him and out of the previous bubble, the room fills up with bubbles.

4) How do you get a ranged mob to follow the tank? I tried kiting him but most of the time he just stays at range.

Layenem
04.13.2012 , 10:43 AM | #42
Okay for those of you that have beat the boss:

When he gets below 25-20% hp do all the lava grates become active for you with 1second in between each reapplication and do the static balls come out faster and full blown?

Flain
04.13.2012 , 10:48 AM | #43
Can u stand "between" the lava grates on that thin strip and not get hit by the fire?

Deathnasty
04.13.2012 , 10:50 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Layenem View Post
Okay for those of you that have beat the boss:

When he gets below 25-20% hp do all the lava grates become active for you with 1second in between each reapplication and do the static balls come out faster and full blown?
theres this stuff called solid floor, i hear all toons have Cds that increase dps/healing.

take him back to the middle and just nail him or drag him to an edge. if you have sage healer stack up and aoe heal it basicly negates the fire, if your dps is bad just kite away from balls just like rest of fight, it will die

pro tip for last boss dont stand in front of it is genade move hurts. more than any op boss on NM apart from probs fabrictor fire :P

Varyen
04.13.2012 , 10:52 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post

4) How do you get a ranged mob to follow the tank? I tried kiting him but most of the time he just stays at range.
the room has areas in it that you can run to to los pull him.

Gereorth
04.13.2012 , 10:57 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
You hit the enrage. Do more damage next time. :P
It's funny becouse I thought like "Could this be the enrage or something?" But it always happend when he was at 30%. Guess I should take different DPS with me then. Becouse, as healer there isn't much I can do
I got the stuff, if you got the credits. If not, beat it kid!

Mavery
04.13.2012 , 11:04 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Gereorth View Post
It's funny becouse I thought like "Could this be the enrage or something?" But it always happend when he was at 30%. Guess I should take different DPS with me then. Becouse, as healer there isn't much I can do
It can be (at times) difficult to problem solve with the same DPS. Sometimes you think a mechanic happens at X% but it could simply be that DPS does not change, giving you the erroneous idea that it's either i) bugged or ii) that it's a mechanic that always occur at X health levels.

From reading on the forums, some people report this "mechanic" occurring anywhere from 20 - 25%. I saw it in one run at about 18-19%. These varied numbers lead me to believe that it's an enrage.

IFF the reports all agreed on X% when it occurred, you can reason that it was a mechanic that always occurs. But because this is not the case, I'd lodge my bets on it being a soft enrage.

zachbuford
04.13.2012 , 11:13 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Gereorth View Post
I kept trying LR-5 Sentinel for somewhat 3 hours. We had quite a good group, but on HM it's impossible.

I got full Columi with 4 Rakata items.

The setting we had was:
SI Assassin (tank)
SI Assassin (DPS)
SI Sorcerror (DPS)
BH Mercenary (Healer, which was me)

I can easily keep them alive, that's not the problem. We even figured out the tactics ourselves, but at 26% we keep dying. For some reason he gets a buff which tells us that he "Lost control over the machines". So the Lighting Bolts on the floor are being placed as big ones without a warning. The Lava from the floor goes on all Platforms. So pretty much, we aren't save on any spot.
We kited him very well, and I can Cure the tank as soon as he got a Incinerate DOT.

-The way we were kiting was as following:
The ranged stand on the middle platform, while the tank brings the boss to one of the side platforms (where the adds come from). When we get a Lighting Charge on our spot, we move to them, but we stay behind the boss. After a second Lightning Charge he moves the boss to the top or bottom platform. Again we repeat the same thing, when there are 2 charges, we move to the next platform. And when the middle one is free, the ranged stand on that one.
But when on 30% or so, we cant stand anywhere.

I'd give a vote to Downtune him a bit. Makes the damage from the Lava less, or the Lightning Charges not so big. I don't know.
The FP is not over tuned, difficult yes but not over tuned. One of the first things me and my friends did in 1.2 was run the FP on hardmode.

Guardian tank
Sentinel DPS
Gunslinger DPS
Scoundrel Healer (Me)

We died many times getting the mechanics down but it is certainly doable. I'm glad HARDmodes are finally hard.

zachbuford
04.13.2012 , 11:20 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
It can be (at times) difficult to problem solve with the same DPS. Sometimes you think a mechanic happens at X% but it could simply be that DPS does not change, giving you the erroneous idea that it's either i) bugged or ii) that it's a mechanic that always occur at X health levels.

From reading on the forums, some people report this "mechanic" occurring anywhere from 20 - 25%. I saw it in one run at about 18-19%. These varied numbers lead me to believe that it's an enrage.

IFF the reports all agreed on X% when it occurred, you can reason that it was a mechanic that always occurs. But because this is not the case, I'd lodge my bets on it being a soft enrage.
You are not suppose to beat the enrage timer, it is as fast as it is on purpose, just save your cool-downs for then and no fight is too hard.

Many classes have abilities that are
A: usable at only a low %,
B: increase damage to enemies under a %,
or C: have other abilities that you can use at any time to increase output

techtay
04.13.2012 , 11:22 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by zachbuford View Post

We died many times getting the mechanics down but it is certainly doable. I'm glad HARDmodes are finally hard.
This ^