Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CPU crashing...

SLuca
12.16.2011 , 04:32 PM | #1
crashes like every 2 hours or so after playing. My system specs look ok. Anyone help?

Jonathan_Chell
12.16.2011 , 04:36 PM | #2
what makes you think it is your CPU?

Thurinor
12.16.2011 , 04:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SLuca View Post
crashes like every 2 hours or so after playing. My system specs look ok. Anyone help?
You will need to give us more info if you want some help.

What exactly are your system specs? What exactly is happening?
█╬╬╬╬╬╬█|{█████████████████████████)
The Dark Lord Of Peww Peww

SLuca
12.16.2011 , 04:57 PM | #4
AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core QL-64 2.10 GHz

4.00 GB

My computer just shuts down....turns off. then when i restart i usually have to go through some repair process.

Thurinor
12.16.2011 , 05:02 PM | #5
AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core QL-64 2.10 GHz

4.00 GB

My computer just shuts down....turns off. then when i restart i usually have to go through some repair process.
Dead stops that like are almost always hardware issues.

Check the temps on your CPU and GPU. Athlon QL64? Is this a laptop? They are far more prone to over heating and a much bigger pain to diagnose the hardware issues.

WHat OS you on? Check your logs, you may have some warnings prior to the shut downs

SLuca
12.16.2011 , 05:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Thurinor View Post
Dead stops that like are almost always hardware issues.

Check the temps on your CPU and GPU. Athlon QL64? Is this a laptop? They are far more prone to over heating and a much bigger pain to diagnose the hardware issues.

WHat OS you on? Check your logs, you may have some warnings prior to the shut downs
I'll check fan. I have a 2 year old gateway laptop.

Thurinor
12.16.2011 , 05:11 PM | #7
I'll check fan. I have a 2 year old gateway laptop. ATI 3200 i believe.
First off download a program that will show you what temp your CPU is at, that will tell you if that is the issue.

Due to how small and close together everything has to be in a laptop you are unlikely to get 3 years out of a laptop that you game on. Gaming generates tons of heat.

If you only get these deadstops during games I suspect that is the issue.

If you can get a service manual, or are confident yourself, crack he case open. Clean out the fans. Reseat the the fan on your CPU with new thermal grease.

TrulyHeroic
12.16.2011 , 05:15 PM | #8
just shuts down, no notice? Sounds like a fan / heat problem

Your computer is to hot, - if laptop feel the underside, if tower, might have to open up and find cpu area and feel how hot it gets.

Fan might be going out and when it tries to kick into high, it doesn't and the computer shuts off to protect itself.

To help with cooling

If laptop, make sure the bottom and sides are able to vent well, a cooling pad can help. (notice some cooling pads offer no help, as they can't be used on your lap, and you will just run into the same problems.

if tower, opening the tower to allow more air will help, however, you will have to clean your computer more often.

Also if in a tower slot on a desk, if space allows, remove it from that slot, or if you can, cut a bigger hole in the back again for more air flow.

Most likely, if you have a laptop your puddy between your cpu and heatsink is dried and you need to replace it. Computer stores sell this, its about 10 dollars at most, and its pretty easy to do yourself. Just make sure to google how to open your computer and clean the cpu from the old puddy. Hint no chems and no water, just friction and not much of that either, takes time.

Hope this helps.

I have ran into this before, so I know ^^, just not this game.

SLuca
12.16.2011 , 05:21 PM | #9
ty all. hopefully its an easy fix. appreciate your time.