Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 game breakers

netskink
04.13.2012 , 08:40 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by System_TOR View Post
If it said there was no reverse enginerring available for the mod why did you try and RE it 20 times? that is your fault not theirs.

But I do agree with you the game is buggy as hell, getting to the point of unplayable now.
Like I said, I was not sure if it was a bug in the tooltip or a bug in RE. My previous experience had been that I could RE mods. Now it appears I can not.

But once again, why do 20? Well I had already made them and I expected these new exciting enhancements to RE to make it worthwhile. As it stands, this patch gave me useless buffs and emotes and made everything else more difficult or frustrating.

BlindWitness
04.13.2012 , 08:41 AM | #22
Q mother****ing q

Devlonir
04.13.2012 , 08:45 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by xxWargodxx View Post
The patch notes didn't say that set bonuses wont transfer with mods on existing gear, you had to find that info out in some Dev blog post somewhere, so many, many folks have spent hundred's of thousands of credits to find this out the hard way. Here's a pro-tip Devs: very few folks read Dev blogs or interviews, things as important as this need to be in the patch notes you nubs.
Actually.. the patch notes did say it, but choose to word it very, very badly. So that the normal assumption would be that it would always transfer set bonuses.
The wording was, I think, this:

"Players can now remove Armoring modifications from items that have set bonuses and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot."

Bioware actually updated the patch notes after being noted about this in a forum thread (one I was part of, hence knowing this) and it now states specifically how it actually works. I just checked it, and the current version of their 1.2 patch notes has it and it has had it as part of the patch notes since a few hours after it went live.

The current patch notes text is:
"Players can now remove Armoring modifications that have set bonuses from items and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot. This does not apply to all items with a set bonus, only those where the set bonus is attached to the Armoring modification." (emphasis mine)
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman