Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it me of Lost island HM is overtuned??

Shlamorel
04.13.2012 , 06:34 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kotlx View Post
you're ignoring his mechanics if youre dying that fast..
Definitely this.

Edited:

Err... I responded about the wrong instance. I was referring to the ops.
Shlamorel Sta'raeth - Jedi Seer
Dragonbrand
------------
I vow to try and respond in a constructive and positive manner

alifaraaz
04.13.2012 , 06:42 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by snowmon View Post
what gear is droping from the new HM? is it worth a full rakata going in? i will prolly try getting a group this weekend as i think the story is great (reminds me of resident evil lol)
Other than story - only reason you'll want to go in, is for the weekly quest to get Black Hole comms. Otherwise all main bosses drop Columi with Tionese crystals form mini-bosses, and finaly boss drops Rakata. (I got chest-piece, I dont know if its random Rakata or always chest)

Also regarding its tuning. The first boss is tricky - the rest are fine. But having said that, I dont think it needs to be nerfed, I think once people play around a bit more - certain strategies will be shown to work better than others. And those so called tactics will then become the norm used by most groups (depending on composition).

You ask why you should be punished for your group setup - I say it's not punishment, you just have to find what works for you. This is a 2nd Tier HM Flashpoint. So it should be harder than the other HM FP's as it yields greater reward.

I understand this should be PuGable etc, and that it's just a HM FP, so it should cater to casuals. But I've been a hardcore raider and a social/casual player. Being casual doesnt mean being bad. A decent, not even great (I dont consider myself amazing and I beat it) group should get this down after a handful of attempts once strategies have been compared etc.
If you want the content to cater to bad people...thats a different story all together. The whole point of these encounters is to challenge us. People dont get better by beating the same easy bosses.

Vudee
04.13.2012 , 07:20 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Borgio View Post
As stated, its all about sorting out the interrupts and ensuring the tank and healer are aware of which way they are going to kite.

We did the instance with a guild group of:

1x Jugg Tank
1x Jugg DPS
1x Anni Marauder
1x Sorc Healer

Once we established who was interrupting (Tank and Marauder) who was on adds (DPS Jugg) and we sorted out a kite path around the orbs it was cake.

Just be on top of interrupts and good luck!
Yep, we did the same with a similiar make up on the Rep side. No issues after proper strat was found.
Vudee Eepeanes
Colonel Imperial Ground Forces (ret.)
SWG Elder
Interpid Server 2003-2007 Respect....

Iwipe
04.13.2012 , 08:12 AM | #24
Here is a video of our fight, we had 1 Jugg tank, 1 Assassin DPS, 1 sorc healer and 1 pug marauder who picked up. Everyone other than the PuG was in full rakata.

Healing was pretty rough on this fight and there were a few instances where someone almost died. We kinda brute force our way through, wasn't pretty but we did it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miKDT2KqNEs

Raeln
04.13.2012 , 08:23 AM | #25
Hearing about a boss that requires a lot of interrupting makes me, a commando, cringe - seeing that I have no ranged interrupts.

Seeing the developers take this path makes me concerned for the future.

Paethos
04.13.2012 , 08:28 AM | #26
Did this FP yesterday on my OP healer with a jugger tank with sniper and sorc dps, Gotta say its a hella fun, going in blind it was a wipe fest but we got it down eventually. Definatly a hard one but manageable as long as you follow the mechanics. Actually impressed with bioware on this one

Scybot
04.13.2012 , 08:31 AM | #27
Did it fairly easily with a PT tank, Marauder DPS, Merc DPS and Sorc healer. Took 4 attempts to get the mechanics, killed on 5th. Interrupt the boss fire damage, don't stand in aoe fire, expanding electricity bubbles. I (merc dps) tanked and killed the adds myself in the middle platform. 2 melee dps would be rough and require more movement though.

PhoenixMatrix
04.13.2012 , 08:37 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
Hearing about a boss that requires a lot of interrupting makes me, a commando, cringe - seeing that I have no ranged interrupts.

Seeing the developers take this path makes me concerned for the future.
It only requires interrupts for melee heavy groups. Ranged heavy groups trivialize the fight (you can do it with only interrupting incinerate, and thats on a 12 second cooldown so any tank can do it).

Now if you have a commando and a scrapper spec scoundrel as DPS, you are -screwed- (Well, its doable...but its gonna be a pain).

Grimnoire
04.13.2012 , 08:38 AM | #29
What worries me isn't that the boss in LI is overtuned (he is a bit considering he drops columi boots.....) its that the encounter has been designed so it punishes melee dps unfairly to the point where the strategy actually changes to accomodate them.

After the general outcry from melee about our survivability in HM and Nightmare OPs, I'm suprised that they are going in the direction of a massive quantity of interupts and melee area damage as a means of creating difficulty......

Of course, this all makes the fact that they removed my 4 sec bubble (phantom) all that much more awesome.

"Your tongue cannot repel flavor of that magnitude!"

snowmon
04.13.2012 , 08:41 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Here is a video of our fight, we had 1 Jugg tank, 1 Assassin DPS, 1 sorc healer and 1 pug marauder who picked up. Everyone other than the PuG was in full rakata.

Healing was pretty rough on this fight and there were a few instances where someone almost died. We kinda brute force our way through, wasn't pretty but we did it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miKDT2KqNEs
no offence but from the looks of it the healer made it harder than it should have been.
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server