Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

sniper marksman shields all of them still bad

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
sniper marksman shields all of them still bad
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Malisaah
04.13.2012 , 12:02 AM | #1
i thought you guys said you fixed the shields im still getting knocked out of them i turn all my shilds on and i mean all of them even bunker and im still being knocked out of them and even been tossed back several feet and stuned by one guy and another took my health 95% down in one hit in my shields your fix bites ***** and the damage we do still very very piss'n poor.

wessik
04.13.2012 , 01:48 AM | #2
shields doesn't prevent you from being knocked back.... only entrench does...
Wessik Moonrunner, [Helm of Graush, AzM]
[Kauri Rebel - CRSF,KoK, RSF General]
[Bloodfin Imperial - AzM], [AoC - WDMKR]
Castigere Bartucchi, [Kauri Imperial - MYST]

Tenacity
04.13.2012 , 01:59 AM | #3
And entrench's knockback protection only really works in pvp. Probably 80% of the strong, elite, champion, and boss mobs you fight in PvE will knock you right out of cover even with entrench active.
Akeema Lynx Mirialan Freelancer

Malisaah
04.13.2012 , 07:11 AM | #4
i was in pvp i had All i repeat All my shields up,Cover Screen ,entrenched ,Ballistic Shield ,Shield Probe , and the did 95% damage to me in one hit and knocked me back several feet stuned.

CameronWinston
04.13.2012 , 09:26 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
And entrench's knockback protection only really works in pvp. Probably 80% of the strong, elite, champion, and boss mobs you fight in PvE will knock you right out of cover even with entrench active.
When this happens to you, it is a bug - please report it as such and we will work to get them all taken care of. The name of the mob in question, and your quest (if any) are useful in tracking these down. Bonus if you can tell us the name of the ability that knocked you out.

mylesmayhem
04.13.2012 , 01:21 PM | #6
Are you sure you had your gear on? 95% in one blow I would like to know what class attacked you and exactly how many health points you have to believe that.

DSafana
04.13.2012 , 01:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Malisaah View Post
i was in pvp i had All i repeat All my shields up,Cover Screen ,entrenched ,Ballistic Shield ,Shield Probe , and the did 95% damage to me in one hit and knocked me back several feet stuned.
Next time use evasion too. Then you'll be invincible.
If we had a true combat log that shows damage incoming, you'd know what hit you. Then you could post the screenshot. I find shield probe absorbs a few hits, I'm guessing you were focus fired by multiple people. Get off the train tracks.

Sura
04.13.2012 , 05:42 PM | #8
Entrench really does not work on a lot of raid bosses is that a bug or is it programed that way?

Technohic
04.13.2012 , 07:56 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CameronWinston View Post
When this happens to you, it is a bug - please report it as such and we will work to get them all taken care of. The name of the mob in question, and your quest (if any) are useful in tracking these down. Bonus if you can tell us the name of the ability that knocked you out.
So let me get this straight; ANY time in PvE where we get knocked out while entrench is up; we should report it as a bug?

I know for sure the imperial quest on Alderan where you have to slow the assault on the outposts and get the droid chips (which you return to house Thul and find an attack under ground afterwards), the commandos fire rockets at you that make you bounce out of cover, even with entrench on.

Tibbel
04.13.2012 , 10:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
So let me get this straight; ANY time in PvE where we get knocked out while entrench is up; we should report it as a bug?
It might be easier to list the enemies against whom it does work.

Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I know for sure the imperial quest on Alderan where you have to slow the assault on the outposts and get the droid chips (which you return to house Thul and find an attack under ground afterwards), the commandos fire rockets at you that make you bounce out of cover, even with entrench on.
That quest is called Multiple Fronts, and the mobs that use the knockback missiles are called Guerilla Commandos. They come in packs of 2-3 or so, so as a sniper getting repeatedly knocked back without anything to do about it, especially since we're only in the upper 20s and still heavily reliant on Snipe for damage, it's pretty frustrating and quite easy to die on that quest (even if you know what you're doing).

Just a few other examples of Entrench failing to function, off the top of my head:
  1. Yadira Ban's pull (Cyclone Nova) in Black Talon.
  2. Chief Engineer Kels's knockbacks from the electrical generators in Boarding Party.
  3. Everyone's favorite: the Infernal Council guys in normal mode Eternity Vault (not hard or nightmare mode, for whatever reason -- just normal). I actually suspect this was the "cover integrity" mechanic that was removed in 1.2, but I haven't had a chance to try EV on normal mode to test it out yet.