Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it me of Lost island HM is overtuned??

Gravemist
04.13.2012 , 05:20 AM | #11
nope, i dont think its overtuned. i for one am glad we have a hard "hardmode" i really hope they dont go the way of "that other MMO" and contstantly nerf content until you can faceroll/sleep thru it

snowmon
04.13.2012 , 05:38 AM | #12
what gear is droping from the new HM? is it worth a full rakata going in? i will prolly try getting a group this weekend as i think the story is great (reminds me of resident evil lol)
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

Phanatik
04.13.2012 , 06:05 AM | #13
Compared to what we came to expect from hm it is stupidly hard.

That being said...its exactly what this game needs. We didn't get him down last night...i think closest was 33% but it was fun to not have instant sucess.

I would have been very disapointed to have completed the instance with minor effort the first night.

Ive missed figuring out a stratagy on the fly instead of reading it off some damn page.
Phanatic - Sith Sorc - The Shadowlands
Phinkk - Imperial Operative - The Shadowlands

NasherUK
04.13.2012 , 06:08 AM | #14
Just keep moving him away form the plasma things and interrupt incinerate as priority.

Unlike a certain other MMO, where you can AOE faceroll everything. Bosses in TOR can actually kill you (instantly sometimes) if you don't know what your doing and don't plan ahead. Just how it should be

Scuzza
04.13.2012 , 06:09 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Phanatik View Post
Compared to what we came to expect from hm it is stupidly hard.

That being said...its exactly what this game needs. We didn't get him down last night...i think closest was 33% but it was fun to not have instant sucess.

I would have been very disapointed to have completed the instance with minor effort the first night.

Ive missed figuring out a stratagy on the fly instead of reading it off some damn page.
We need a better kite path, haha. I checked the Combat logs and I did like 150k of that damage, which is almost all of it. Tough being in there with someone with no columi!!

Wait until you check out the new operation. 1 guild already cleared HM, but that is like the 1%.

As for this boss, I love it. there is a ton of **** going on and you have to be on your toes. I love mechanics based fights. Now we have to figure out what we need to do to actually get past this!!

Lastly, I am glad repair bills went down significantly!
Dwad - 50 Marauder - Tempest Legacy - The Shadowlands

Phanatik
04.13.2012 , 06:23 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by gsrce View Post
Why should a group be forced to take certain classes?

We tried to do this with two melee and a Jug tank and couldn't get any better than 50% on the first boss. The fight has way too much going on for a melee group to be able to complete it on HM. We wiped for hours and ended up going into the red for durability twice before just giving up.

(Everyone was in almost full Rakata)
Then you don't deserve that Rakata!!!

Melee just has to stay behind the boss...which should be the case in nearly every fight. If your heals have a dispel then you can just get rid of the dot. It was only a problem when our dps made a mistake and got to close to the tank.

Healing kept be busy but nothing does a TON of damage other then incinerate. Its just when someone is getting zapped, while in a emp field, standing in fire with adds on them. Then the health starts jumpin down.

DPS has to be aware and avoid damage from as many sources as they can.
Phanatic - Sith Sorc - The Shadowlands
Phinkk - Imperial Operative - The Shadowlands

Gereorth
04.13.2012 , 06:24 AM | #17
I kept trying LR-5 Sentinel for somewhat 3 hours. We had quite a good group, but on HM it's impossible.

I got full Columi with 4 Rakata items.

The setting we had was:
SI Assassin (tank)
SI Assassin (DPS)
SI Sorcerror (DPS)
BH Mercenary (Healer, which was me)

I can easily keep them alive, that's not the problem. We even figured out the tactics ourselves, but at 26% we keep dying. For some reason he gets a buff which tells us that he "Lost control over the machines". So the Lighting Bolts on the floor are being placed as big ones without a warning. The Lava from the floor goes on all Platforms. So pretty much, we aren't save on any spot.
We kited him very well, and I can Cure the tank as soon as he got a Incinerate DOT.

-The way we were kiting was as following:
The ranged stand on the middle platform, while the tank brings the boss to one of the side platforms (where the adds come from). When we get a Lighting Charge on our spot, we move to them, but we stay behind the boss. After a second Lightning Charge he moves the boss to the top or bottom platform. Again we repeat the same thing, when there are 2 charges, we move to the next platform. And when the middle one is free, the ranged stand on that one.
But when on 30% or so, we cant stand anywhere.

I'd give a vote to Downtune him a bit. Makes the damage from the Lava less, or the Lightning Charges not so big. I don't know.
I got the stuff, if you got the credits. If not, beat it kid!

Gereorth
04.13.2012 , 06:25 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Scuzza View Post
We need a better kite path, haha.
Check my post, I told my kite path in there. It works perfectly, untill we got to 30%
I got the stuff, if you got the credits. If not, beat it kid!

Enosh_
04.13.2012 , 06:26 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by FamousKramus View Post
The other boss, who jumps on his towers and shoots you with poison, was much harder, cause he obviusly bugged the first few times and changed his tower like every 3 seconds^^ The try we got him, hin stayed on on tower for like 10seconds, so you could actually burn him off, which seems to me more working as intended then the 3second version does
that shouldn't matter, when he jumps both dps and the tank should run, each to one of the consoles and start activating it, he can jump all he wants at 10s he should be burned regardless of which platform he is on

Karkais
04.13.2012 , 06:27 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by gsrce View Post
Why should a group be forced to take certain classes?
If devs start introducing "harder content", then that what optimization will eventually lead to..
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur