Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Black Screening.

psilocybinlight
12.16.2011 , 01:49 PM | #1
My account is now active and playable. The only problem is when I start Starwars up it instantly goes to a black screen after the mini login screen. The last thing I want to do is redownload it, but if I have too I will. Has anyone else had a similar problem or the same thing happen to them? If anyone knows anything about fixing this I will be extremely grateful! Thank you<3.

RyokoTenchi
12.16.2011 , 01:50 PM | #2
sometimes the launcher has trouble starting the game for the first run through, happened a lot in beta, if anything i would run the launcher. press play and wait for 20 mins (yes it took that long sometimes) to see if the game will start. also if you want some assurance that you are not waiting in vain i would reccomend checking your task manager for windows to see if launcher.exe is still running. if it is than the game is still loading. if that does not work i would reccommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game. good luck man

psilocybinlight
12.16.2011 , 01:55 PM | #3
Thanks! I really appreciate it.. I'm going to leave it on during work and see if its up when I come back.. The thing is I can hear the music and even click on things but just can't see what im clicking on.. blah!

Sirwhiteknight
12.16.2011 , 04:11 PM | #4
Same exact thing happened to me in Beta - black screen but you can hear the opening cinematic, and once that's over, mouse over stuff and click but you just can't see anything.

All I had to do was update my gfx drivers. I did that and re-launched and it worked just fine!

I would definitely try that before you reinstall...hopefully it works.

Good luck!

Tintagel
12.16.2011 , 04:47 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sirwhiteknight View Post
Same exact thing happened to me in Beta - black screen but you can hear the opening cinematic, and once that's over, mouse over stuff and click but you just can't see anything.

All I had to do was update my gfx drivers. I did that and re-launched and it worked just fine!

I would definitely try that before you reinstall...hopefully it works.

Good luck!
Also to note, avoid any beta graphics drivers available, I had real problems with them, stick to the officialy released ones.
The Red Eclipse - EU