Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alderaan Crystal Formation-Pristine Adegan Crystal

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Alderaan Crystal Formation-Pristine Adegan Crystal

itsmymillertime
04.13.2012 , 05:20 AM | #11
Im confused:

1. magenta crystal on alderean is mid level color (not +41 stat)
2. the magenta crystal on ilum is still there
3. a guild mate got the +41 schematic during a corellia daily
4. the schematic required the ilum crystal to craft

so bioware made a +41 stat magenta crystal schematic, which is better than the +32 schematic from the belsavis/hoth world bosses and they added lower grade schematics +25 and less that require the magenta crystal from alderean to craft.

so for bis alderean magenta crystal is a waste of time.

Evanir
04.13.2012 , 05:29 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
Im confused:

1. magenta crystal on alderean is mid level color (not +41 stat)
2. the magenta crystal on ilum is still there
3. a guild mate got the +41 schematic during a corellia daily
4. the schematic required the ilum crystal to craft

so bioware made a +41 stat magenta crystal schematic, which is better than the +32 schematic from the belsavis/hoth world bosses and they added lower grade schematics +25 and less that require the magenta crystal from alderean to craft.

Would be interesting to see the material list for the schematic that your guild mate had drop?

From what I understand: current Magenta schematic (+33) that dropped from the Belsavis world boss requires the Ilum Magenta Adegan crystal. The new schematics (+41) ALSO require the Alderaan crystal which you need to refine into a "Pristine Adegan Crystal", though I could be wrong about that as I haven't seen the mat list for the new Magenta schematics.

Blastoramaboy
04.13.2012 , 05:29 AM | #13
Yes, but the schematic also requires 2 Pristine Adegan Crystals which are apparently obtained from the crystal formations in Alderaan.
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Blastoramaboy
04.13.2012 , 05:32 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Evanir View Post
Would be interesting to see the material list for the schematic that your guild mate had drop?

From what I understand: current Magenta schematic (+33) that dropped from the Belsavis world boss requires the Ilum Magenta Adegan crystal. The new schematics (+41) ALSO require the Alderaan crystal which you need to refine into a "Pristine Adegan Crystal", though I could be wrong about that as I haven't seen the mat list for the new Magenta schematics.
Here you go, mate:
http://www.torhead.com/schematic/O5v...rating-crystal
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Evanir
04.13.2012 , 06:18 AM | #15
Just had a thought: maybe there is no Crystal Device on the Empire side? What if, you can trade it via Legacy to a Republic alt, have the Pub alt refine it, and send it back? Hmm...

Blastoramaboy
04.13.2012 , 06:45 AM | #16
Hmmm, that could work i suppose.

Still, it's a bit ridiculous the amount of work we'd have to do to craft just one crystal. First off, we'd have to get the Magenta Crystal off Ilum after the various steps on Tatooine and Hoth. Then find the crystal formation on Alderaan. Apparently there's a timer on that, so we need to wait for like 2 hours or something to get another crystal shard since we need 2 Pristine Adegan Crystals. Then finally bring it to tython to refine it. And, on top off that, Imps would have to send it to a Pub toon just to refine it. Then we can finally craft the bastard lol.

These better sell well lol...

Evanir
04.13.2012 , 06:47 AM | #17
I suppose that's the point, make it hard so that they are still a "rare" item and the market doesn't get flooded with them.

Still, if it's true there's no Empire device, that would mean alot of extra effort for Imps to have to goto compared to Repubs.

Evanir
04.13.2012 , 07:09 AM | #18
Hmm just reading the patch notes, it says "Magenta Crystal Shards are now found on one planet in the game. They can be refined into Pristine Magenta Crystals used in the creation of mid-level magenta color crystals through obscure means."

So maybe it's true, the Alderaan crystals only make mid-level crystals. If so, that's a bit BS.

Spartanik
04.13.2012 , 07:15 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Blastoramaboy View Post
Yeah, me too. If they don't sell well on my server, it's going to be such a waste lol. Let me know if you have any luck finding the formations. I'm going to give it another go tomorrow and will post whatever i find ( or don't find which may very well be the case) here.
It wont sell well. because allmost everyone hates the color of the magenta crystals.
what most people wanted was purple,a nd back in the day magenta wa steh closest to it. Now that are purples... you can gess.
however happens taht i like the color i already crafted a few for my alts, and thus for this interest me as well. I have a 400 artifice toon

Quote:

yeah specialy when you need a 50 to get to ilum to beat the force ghost champion.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

shimmer
04.13.2012 , 03:00 PM | #20
I just got mine. Im looking for someone to cut it for me. anyone have the schem yet? or know where the schem drops?