Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Relics

Kiishim
04.12.2012 , 04:46 PM | #1
Was just wondering which fps relic would be best. They have 3 different types of damage. Most people told me the internal one but I wanted to get more opinions.

Veriu
04.13.2012 , 05:25 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiishim View Post
Was just wondering which fps relic would be best. They have 3 different types of damage. Most people told me the internal one but I wanted to get more opinions.
what is a "fps relic"...is that a first person shooter relic? If it is, I have no idea what that is...

if you are asking about the proc relics that come from fabricator. If I remember right, there's internal, elemental, and kinetic damage ones.

Assuming they all did the same damage (which I'm vaguely certain they don't), then the kinetic would suck & the internal and elemental ones would be tied.

Kinetic/energy damage is reduced by armor, internal & elemental is not.

I don't remember which one is better (I'm a tank, not DPS). But I'd say it's the elemental or internal, which ever one has the higher damage on the proc.

Two caveats:
1) I seem to remember the elemental one is fire damage, and if you are a BH talents that buff fire damage affect it's proc...at least I think I remember reading that somewhere. The same could be true of other classes that buff elemental or internal damage.

2) If the Kinetic one is more damage on the tooltip, it may end up being more damage than the other two if you are attacking a target with low armor (or armor that has been reduced). This may, repeat may, end up putting the kinetic one at a higher DPS boost if you have enough snipers (20% per)/mercs (20% per)/jugs (20% per) in your raid....so if you have 5 of those classes and they don't suck and keep their debuffs on 100% of the time, your target has zero armor which would probably put the kinetic one as best.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.