Melee is buffed and we are nerfed

kenbenobi

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were totally screwed yep. I am pretty mad and upset with this right about now. I am not even sure how to continue playing on my Shadow as an Infiltrator now. :rolleyes:

shadow wasnt touched. sage is what got nerfed. shadow is identical...particularly infiltration.

I'll add my $.02 of support to this thread. (Sage healer spec)

Prior to 1.2 I could heal, until I got stun-locked and pummeled into nothingness.

Now, I can't effectively heal, and I get stun-locked and pummeled into nothingness in a third of the time.

Perhaps if the game balance is so threatened by having support classes, Mr. Erickson & co. might reconsider having support classes at all.

I'll add my $.02 of support to this thread. (Sage healer spec)

Prior to 1.2 I could heal, until I got stun-locked and pummeled into nothingness.

Now, I can't effectively heal, and I get stun-locked and pummeled into nothingness in a third of the time.

Perhaps if the game balance is so threatened by having support classes, Mr. Erickson & co. might reconsider having support classes at all.

Going to have to agree with your take on PvP experience.. That sums it up rather well.

The class balance team doesn't appear to be up to the task.

Hell, be glad you can heal period. All my Marauder can do is kill or die, there's no running option (Although vanish helps). Heals we're potent even for non healer specs, so all's fair now. Edited by Bastus

This game does not center around PVP. This game was focused on PVE... and they nerfed our ability to heal in raids to the point that I'm still wondering how I am supposed to do it. Lost Islands HM? HA! I can't heal that robot boss. I just can't. I have to stop to heal, and casting big heals constantly drains the force big time. I don't have TIME to do more than one in one place once adds drop.

WHY did Noble Sac get nerfed? WHY?

And why are my heals not hitting as hard?

I will be quitting this game if they do not fix the healing. I cannot heal a wet noodle now and I was healing HM Ops just fine. This is rediculas. I have never ran out of force before and now I run out all the time. They removed the ability to get a free Noble Sacrifice and that equals fail. Just my 2 sense.

Lol.

This whole time I was excited for 1.2 because I thought maybe sages would go from complete crap, to kind of crap. Instead we went to absolutely worthless.

At this point you have two choices:

1. Reroll Scoundrel/Op to keep up

2. Cancel sub

I'm going with option 2.

Hell, be glad you can heal period. All my Marauder can do is kill or die, there's no running option (Although vanish helps). Heals we're potent even for non healer specs, so all's fair now.

I dunno, when a healer has severe trouble healing themselves 1v1 against a player that I know isn't all that good. How are they supposed to be effective or useful at all?

Yup, glad to see many agree with me. This is like having someone ask us to tie our own noose to hang ourselves with. In a previous post, someone gave the only 2 options left now....I agree, cancel sub and move elsewhere.

Buff the crap out of classes that were already OP and nerf Sages that can get mauled by anything without even being able to bust off more than 1 heal now.

Great idea BioWare...

Noble Sacrifice is fine the way it is, but the 1 second addition to the cast time of our main heal?? Cmon that is just silly.

Edit: I cant keep myself alive in a warzone as a sage healer... how am I supposed to help you?

Edited by Seganski

Lol.

This whole time I was excited for 1.2 because I thought maybe sages would go from complete crap, to kind of crap. Instead we went to absolutely worthless.

Exactly my feeling. I was prepared for a nerf, didn't worry too much and was happy to get some negative changes - I never played the nerfed hybrid any way. But this isn't a nerf, this is far worse. The class is now broken and unplayable.

They must have done more changes other than changing the skill tree. Those changes were really not that major and should not translate into what we're seeing.

just thought i would throw in my 2cents. im a lil depressed about patch 1.2 im a valor 84 sage dps/healer battlemaster gear for both specs. so i was like nerf blah w/e but when i logged on today i was a lil suprised at the changes that where made to each dps/healing trees im unable to keep myself and others alive in bgs/Hms and im also unable to dps like i did before the patch due to the changes in the blances tree which messed over the best sage spec ever(hybrid) i respeced about 15times trying to find a good dps spec to work for pvp and was unable to i think its time to drop starwars and move on i dont think they will fix this anytime soon sad to say but yea.:(

THIS IS MMO PVP. class balance is a process, classes get nerfed, buffed, changed etc all the time.

Reality is that we got srewed two times. Healing got nerf and damage got nerf and at the same time melee got dps buffs. Melee got damage boost, lovering to cd:s and some combos are now uninterruptable.

seems like finally ppl will have to LEARN how to play the class.

ranged dps should be squishy. movement and LOS is important in pvp, pre 1.2 noone had to do this. you could just tank/stun/root your enemys. stop crying - start learing to play your class properly

i know several sages doing 700+k dmg pre 1.2 in warzones, after nerf they will still do way more dmg then most in warzones, why? becaus they know HOW 2 PLAY

Edited by matyo

I don't understand the reason for the extreme nerf to the DPS sage at all.

There was no pressure from the community. People are complaining about real or imagined overpowered classes all the time, but I never heard such claims about the DPS sage.

I did a lot of testing with different specs against the lvl 47/48 champion droid near the space port on Corellia, trying rotations, comparing times etc. A Gunslinger in a mix of mostly green gear for lvl 20-40 can kill that robot in 1 minute, 21 seconds, and that is without a tank, eating the full pushback (getting healed though). With BM gear and a tank (no dps, just to remove the pushback) I was able to do it in 1:14 with a hybrid specced sage; however, a Gunslinger with equal gear times around 1:00 (Rakata geared gunslinger: 0:52, no tank, eating the full pushback).

The old hybrid spec took advantage of interesting synergies between the two trees. That's what it's all about, isn't it? Otherwise, why choose skill points, just let players pick one out of 3 trees and auto-level them, like a companion. But that would not be role playing as we know it. It allowed for a flexible playing style for both sustained damage as well as burst (for example, by even aborting telekinetic throw to use an instant cast immediately, which burns force fast, but provides a nice burst for a minute).

It's still no Gunslinger/Sniper, and when I get an invite for a Flashpoint/OP it's usually because people just assume that I'm a healer, but we made the best of it, and it was fun.

The alternative hybrid that had been suggested here, with Tidal Force to get instant telekinetic wave at least through force quake, and Psychic Suffusion for 10 % more AOE damage, may not sound so bad for pvp (someone here said already that it doesn't work well though). However, the classic hybrid spec also worked great for OPs, both situations for sustained damage, as well as situations where a strong brief burst is needed (like against SOA in the final phase), e. g. by even aborting telekinetic throw for instant casts as described above.

Needless to say, I cancelled my subscription immediately after the patch release. However, I'll use my last few days to try to figure out a use for my poor sage, and I'll keep reading what others may find.

THIS IS MMO PVP. class balance is a process, classes get nerfed, buffed, changed etc all the time.

seems like finally ppl will have to LEARN how to play the class.

ranged dps should be squishy. movement and LOS is important in pvp, pre 1.2 noone had to do this. you could just tank/stun/root your enemys. stop crying - start learing to play your class properly

i know several sages doing 700+k dmg pre 1.2 in warzones, after nerf they will still do way more dmg then most in warzones, why? becaus they know HOW 2 PLAY

So you don't play Sage than....

We can do 700k dmg but overall.... with fight 1v1 now especialy with sentinel or guardion or scoundrel or gunslide or commando or vanguard or shadow or.... ohhh we dont have more clases! we are simply dead in no time.... this need to be balanced.... (ofc against good players of those clases not slackers)... SAGE dies to FAST!

after 1.2 I am dying even faster than before and now I have 10% damege bust with my expertise but see 0 changes in DMG done... are those stats rally working....

especialy Alacrity in Balance? are you kiding me? alacrity only for tele. throw... pethetic... why this not working on GBC or TT... YES it is not working on it this is official infor from BW

No bady plays telekinetic on pvp so what the hell we have Alacrity in our main stats...

Dont tell me to change modes... I did so and DMG did not change at all... again are those stats working?

Full agreement with all the complaints - if they wanted to nerf the apparent 700k damage hybrid builds then they should have done something else... not ruin the entire class.

** nvr seen any of these 700k damage dps sages on my server, but ill try to believe it - highest sage damage i've seen was full BM against new 50's and he only got around 600k (while the dps commando got 750k+ and a scoundral for 650k+).

I played my old hybrid build tonight and was easily still tops in damage 250k a match easily, felt much less survivable.

I switched to a more full Balance build, and have been Laughing all the way to the bank, because none of the 'healers' specs to or learns to use a cleanse. The melting from DoTs phenomenon and the durability differences from the added heals from my DoTs, was night and day.

That build was topping 300k in the last two matches I did with it.

Edited by Lugh