GXR-7 in HM

Was this guy buffed or something? Every group i've had thats tried to kill him has been wiped constantly and i remember it being ALOT easier since the patch.

knockback makes him drop threat, then he does an uninterruptable channeled cast that'll kill anyone but the tank (and channelled means taunt is pointless)

If you stand in a little corner where he spawns his knockback wont work on you, neither will a temporary stun. Other than that, his channel was always quite heavy hitting on HM and I always interrputed it as soon as he started to cast it.

If you stand in a little corner where he spawns his knockback wont work on you, neither will a temporary stun. Other than that, his channel was always quite heavy hitting on HM and I always interrputed it as soon as he started to cast it.

Yeah you cant interrupt it anymore..

As a previous poster said there was nothing in patchnotes so either you did something wrong on interrupt or he is really bugged. One way or another tank should be able to live through his channel and if anyone else grabs aggro on this fight its tanks fault since he has enough taunts to never loose it even if there is any kind of threat drop.

As a previous poster said there was nothing in patchnotes so either you did something wrong on interrupt or he is really bugged. One way or another tank should be able to live through his channel and if anyone else grabs aggro on this fight its tanks fault since he has enough taunts to never loose it even if there is any kind of threat drop.

Did you skip my entire first post?

You cannot interrupt this boss anymore, and he drops threat as soon as he knocks you back, and because you cant interrupt, your taunt is pointless while he's channeling into other party members.

Edit: Its not about anyone taking agro off you, as a tank, its about the boss dropping it and randomly targetting party members with the uninterruptable channel

Edited by Shadowaus

I think Ill do the BT tonight to see it for myself since I find it hard to believe its really such an issue especially if you position yourself in such a way you cant be knocked back, which I wrote in my frist post.

I find it hard to believe that actually being knocked back is what causes the drop in threat (like being pushed away), i'm thinking that when he finishes the knockback cast it'd still drop threat anyway.

I find it hard to believe that actually being knocked back is what causes the drop in threat (like being pushed away), i'm thinking that when he finishes the knockback cast it'd still drop threat anyway.

Tanked this tonight (SI Assassin)... other than the non-interruptible Power Blast (which your healer has to step up and heal through), threat was not an issue other than during the initial pull when he picked a ranged dps for his initial Power Blast target.

I don't think he's actually dropping aggro/threat during the punch move he does (tank knockdown)... you are likely losing threat because your dps is too close behind you in threat and you are losing threat while flat on your butt.

I'd recommend if this is a problem, perhaps put down a taunt when you see him channeling the punch and that will keep him on you for at least 6 seconds.

Edited by scootle

My fight with him tonight led me to this post.

We fought him tonight and ran into the same original issue. we tried everything and the only thing that would lighten the load for the rapid shot was LoS him. Other than that it seamed that he would pick a random target and unload.

I tried taunt numerous times and he would not respond. So no interrupt, no taunt, dead assassin... then dead heals, then me.

Edited by Phiasko

My fight with him tonight led me to this post.

We fought him tonight and ran into the same original issue. we tried everything and the only thing that would lighten the load for the rapid shot was LoS him. Other than that it seamed that he would pick a random target and unload.

I tried taunt numerous times and he would not respond. So no interrupt, no taunt, dead assassin... then dead heals, then me.

yep, tried it again this morning. same thing.

it wasnt like this before the patch, but he isnt even mentioned in the patch notes...

The bosses in BT are now immune to interrupt. The unload targets a member at random, and whoever get aggro have to LoS or have your healer heal through it. (does about 10k damage channelled).

The last boss also behaves differently now : the slow effect is now much less on the first pull, and then increase with subsequent pull. While I don't mind the changes, it would be nice to have them in the patch notes.

• 2 weeks later...

As a BH Merc Healer on the lower end of the gear curve (2 pieces of Tionese, lvl 50 artifact daily armorings/mods/enhancements), I find I cannot heal through the damage this boss dishes without overheating way too quickly to be useful.

I have tried to get the groups I go with to employ line of sight tactics, but they opt to just skip him rather than trying.