Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it me of Lost island HM is overtuned??

Feliksiak
04.13.2012 , 12:16 AM | #1
Full columi + some rakata dailies stuff.
And first boss got me on 3/4 hits.
Healer cant keep up to heal me through. (healer was bit undergeared but, enough to heal all 1.1 fps)

I dont mind to make fp bit harder comparing to 1.1.
But myabe someone from BW slipped on the floor and hit some random buttons?

Kotlx
04.13.2012 , 12:40 AM | #2
you're ignoring his mechanics if youre dying that fast. He almost always starts off with an immediate incinerate, which destroys anyone. you have .5 seconds to interupt his cast before a shell is launched. He does it approx every 12 seconds.

Dont go in with 2 melee dps.

Feliksiak
04.13.2012 , 12:51 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kotlx View Post
you're ignoring his mechanics if youre dying that fast. He almost always starts off with an immediate incinerate, which destroys anyone. you have .5 seconds to interupt his cast before a shell is launched. He does it approx every 12 seconds.

ok thx m8.
i didnt see anything casting, but I could not notice it in the heat of battle

DragonSentry
04.13.2012 , 12:59 AM | #4
Seems lots of people are having some trouble on that boss. Though I do enjoy a solid challenge (and I'm glad we didn't roll the new HM FP), but we had the same issue.

Mostly columi with crafted Rakata.

Powertech tank
Sorc Healer
Assassin & Sniper dps

Single tick of Incinerate channel on tank seems to take 1/3 - 1/2 my hp. I'm definitely avoiding the aoe and the floor.

Of course we are interrupting Incinerate asap, and you can stop it consistently even with a 12s CD interrupt, but delaying the interrupt by a tick or, even worse, 2 ticks, can spell disaster in a moment.

Again, I enjoy the challenge, but it was a bit jarring coming from the other HMs into this one.

FamousKramus
04.13.2012 , 02:43 AM | #5
Did the Fp yesterday with assasin-tank, 2 arsenal bhs and a sorc healer.

Tank had to interrupt incinerate, but if he caught on or two stacks of debuff, he had to be decursed immidiately. The tank even survided an incinerate, that got through, cause we spammed decurse in a row on him (he dropped to 0%hp, but still alive^^)

Wiped 5 or 6 times, till we got the mechanics right.

The other boss, who jumps on his towers and shoots you with poison, was much harder, cause he obviusly bugged the first few times and changed his tower like every 3 seconds^^ The try we got him, hin stayed on on tower for like 10seconds, so you could actually burn him off, which seems to me more working as intended then the 3second version does

Borgio
04.13.2012 , 02:59 AM | #6
As stated, its all about sorting out the interrupts and ensuring the tank and healer are aware of which way they are going to kite.

We did the instance with a guild group of:

1x Jugg Tank
1x Jugg DPS
1x Anni Marauder
1x Sorc Healer

Once we established who was interrupting (Tank and Marauder) who was on adds (DPS Jugg) and we sorted out a kite path around the orbs it was cake.

Just be on top of interrupts and good luck!

gsrce
04.13.2012 , 03:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kotlx View Post

Why should a group be forced to take certain classes?

We tried to do this with two melee and a Jug tank and couldn't get any better than 50% on the first boss. The fight has way too much going on for a melee group to be able to complete it on HM. We wiped for hours and ended up going into the red for durability twice before just giving up.

(Everyone was in almost full Rakata)
Isny
Guild Leader of Momento Mori on the Ajunta Pall RP-PVP Server

alifaraaz
04.13.2012 , 03:27 AM | #8
We did it in a couple of tries without setting up an interrupt cycle or anything. So if I'm honest, I don't think its overturned. First boss just needs a bit of planning based on your group setup:

Either have an interrupt cycle, also maybe move as a group essentially limiting the area where the blue circles drop, allowing for a much less hectic fight.

Second boss is easy once you work out the mechanics: First everyone stack on top of him during the smash, so that the knockback is vertical (so you don't go over the edge).
And then when he jumps on the chimney/tower things - the tank and dos should run to their assigned console and start channeling. What this does is that every chimney will burn after the 9second cast, regardless of which chimney he jumps to. (so to answer the guy above - its not bugged, its just the tactic is different to what you'd expect).

Third boss took 2 tries, which seemed sort of easy once you work out how to reduce the damage with the little explosive things that he applies on tank, and anyone standing behind tank in a cone.

I would probably say the 1st boss is the hardest, but I wouldn't say its much harder than the 3rd once solid strat is decided.

Borgio
04.13.2012 , 04:52 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by gsrce View Post
Why should a group be forced to take certain classes?

We tried to do this with two melee and a Jug tank and couldn't get any better than 50% on the first boss. The fight has way too much going on for a melee group to be able to complete it on HM. We wiped for hours and ended up going into the red for durability twice before just giving up.

(Everyone was in almost full Rakata)
We managed it with a melee group in mostly columi, some Rakata, its doable with some effort

vizrah
04.13.2012 , 05:07 AM | #10
Once mechanics are figured out. Our grip did it in. 30 min most members where column gear.
Grp power tech tank, marauder, sniper, sorc healer. Healing was strainful but manageable.