Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Booted again HELP please

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Density
04.10.2012 , 03:46 PM | #11
Did the power cycle thing on the router and in 30+/- I was booted off the game 2x and once I had a blue screen of eek.
Trying the next suggestion of waiting 5 mins.
~X~

Density
04.10.2012 , 04:25 PM | #12
did the ping test I did not see anything that looked different from all of them minus the minutes changing oddly. I am going to try a full reinstall again and hope for the best.
~X~

Density
04.10.2012 , 04:26 PM | #13
I also did the waiting 5 mins and watched a movie before loading back in for the last time. Reinstalling in a couple mins.
~X~

Density
04.10.2012 , 09:30 PM | #14
Did the reinstall and now it is worse rofl, Well I don't know what to think at this point.

Thanks to you guys that posted some things to do.
~X~

Conveeyor
04.10.2012 , 09:44 PM | #15 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Density,

we would like to ask you a two more steps that can improve your connection.

First we would recommend you visit the webpage of the manufacturer of your mainboard to get a new driver. This should include the network adapter and this may improve your connection quite a bit.

Second we would like to ask what type of connection you are using. If it is a WiFi you may want to try out a cable instead. If this is not possible you whould have a look into your router setup software if there are any othere wireless networks close to you using the same channel. In this case you should manually switch to a free channel that's not in use by another network. For these steps you should use the manual that has come with your router as a reference.

If you have any questions, or require any further assistance with this or any other issue, please donít hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Density
04.12.2012 , 11:36 PM | #16
OK so I had reinstalled windows and reloaded swtor and today I was able to play for quite a bit of time over 8 hours, after that the video went all wacky but I played through. Sadly it took a full reinstall of windows... though I did a reinstall of windows before 1 day before the game went live so not sure what happened on that note I will say a full reinstall of windows fixed the issue so far! If anything comes up in the next few days I will post here about it.

Thanks again for the assistance.
~X~

Density
04.24.2012 , 05:30 PM | #17
So after a full reinstall and my last post I was able to play for only 1 day after then I just get the boot offline or I get some other error from a game .dll file.
I am now going to replace the sound card because my friend thinks that may be the cause and I am bumping the ram another 4k also adding 3 bigger case fans in case it is a airflow issue though the case itself is very big lots of free room.
IF somehow these are not the cause I have no idea what more I can do but play another game its kinda sad because I purchased the big package game thing in a huge box and was so excited to play. I still want to play.

Well if anyone else has an idea please put more comments here

well trying to keep the hope alive!
~X~

Density
04.24.2012 , 09:42 PM | #18
So it took almost 4 hours to patch after it failed 3x then fixed the patch...Only to load into the game and maybe 5 mins in before boom to desk top, I then load back in to hang in the cantina I sold some inv items then OFF Ito desktop again.

I am discouraged.
~X~

Density
04.26.2012 , 01:11 PM | #19
I uninstalled and reinstalled everything the game had Loaded in and Booted again was on to do trade skills had to load in 2 or 3 times within 5 mins of each other its quite odd.

I have read of the new issues and many are having the same issue.
~X~

Massamo
04.26.2012 , 01:21 PM | #20
swtor use around 4gb of alot of the time so maybe your problem