Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No free respec for Combat Medics???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
No free respec for Combat Medics???
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RuQu
04.12.2012 , 11:27 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaoogaa View Post
I see...so gutting a spec does not get a free respec but minor skill tree switches does. What great logic you have there.
Don't think of it that way. It's more accurate like this:

"Free respecs are given when it is necessary or convenient for us, not the player. The player's experience is impossible to measure, and therefore irrelevant to our metrics."
Brushing off the dust on my Assault Cannon. Time to get back in the fight.

FiveTwo
04.12.2012 , 11:33 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
Free respecs are only given when the structure of the skill tree changes, such that if you were to log in and NOT receive a free respec, your character would be broken.

For example, if you used to have 3/3 in a skill box, and we changed that skill so that it now required another skill that you didn't have, or we changed it so that it only had 2 points and you now had 3/2, you'd have a broken character. And that would be bad.

We don't give out free respecs based on an arbitrary judgement call as to how many changes were made; we give them out so your characters will continue to work. Hope that makes sense.
So, since Combat Medics were absolutely destroyed by this patch, you just figured that no one in their right mind would bother to continue playing in 1.2? Efficiency! Awesome!

Applejam
04.12.2012 , 11:36 PM | #13
This thread is unbelievably petty.

Talent resets were given because not doing so would cause someone to have 40 or 39 or whatever points rather than the appropriate 41. This is a very common practice in MMOs when talent trees are restructured. It has nothing to do with how much these structural changes affect the gameplay of that class (i.e. Focus/Rage trees for knight/warrior had one talent removed but become baseline. For someone with that talent already, there would be no change, but without a reset they'd be missing a point.)

Also respecs are cheap.

Please realize that commandos have bigger problems and don't make CS annoyed over useless stuff like this.

Musezy
04.13.2012 , 12:01 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Applejam View Post
Please realize that commandos have bigger problems and don't make CS annoyed over useless stuff like this.
Oh, I think most of us are keenly aware that Commandos have big problems. But not getting a free respec today just grated my last nerve and I needed to vent. It's like kicking someone when they are down...

BW: "Hey folks, FYI, we are deprecating Ilum because it is broken and we can't fix it. Also we are NOT giving you ranked warzones in 1.2 like we said we would. Oh yeah, and while we were at it, we gutted your class and we're not even going to give you a respec! But... hey... at least you can put all your characters into a useless family tree! Hahahahaha!"

Well... you get the idea...
╔╗ ║ ╔╗╔╗
╟╢ ║ ╠╣╚╗
╝╚ ╚ ╚╝╚╝
SIGN THIS PETITION TO HAVE HAMMER SHOT'S LASER BEAM OF DEATH REMOVED FROM PVP.

Papa_Moose
04.13.2012 , 12:25 AM | #15
Yeh, even though I'm also ticked off about the nerfs which in my opinion is totally uncalled for, I see the point of BW. Respecs are not given for compensation for your class being nerfed, but for you to restructure your skill tree as the backbone has been altered. Which isn't the case for the commando.

TallonAybara
04.13.2012 , 01:06 AM | #16
LOL

You guys get a free one every week. Did you respec within the last week? No? Then you HAVE a free one.

As for "this should have been in at launch" and "nerf nerf nerf" get over it. Thats the way MMO's are. How many classes has "insert MMO title" nerfed over the years, all of them. Its called balancing.

And Im sorry not everything you wanted was in the game at launch. I bet you were one of those guys who complained day in and day out "when is the game launching QQQQ".

Jeeze, if you hate it so much, go play another game, oh wait you won't because you know this game is still better than anything else out there and it hasn't even been out 6 months.

This is why I play pay to play games, to keep as many cryers out of the community as possible.

Merc_Cmdr
04.13.2012 , 02:20 AM | #17
My issue with this is, that several hybrid builds were destroyed by this change. One might argue that we are squishier than ever before, but with our massive class overhaul that seems like a null issue.

However, my roommates shadow which only experienced tooltip changes received a free respec while my own commando was left with only a broken build. To this I wonder, what the hell? If you're handing out respecs you might as well make it even across the board. I realize that this game is trending towards Star Wars: The old lightsaber republic, but you could pretend to care about us blaster wielders.

Nuzt
04.13.2012 , 03:01 AM | #18
Because making us useless wasn't good enough, we have to spend credits to become somewhat useful.

Just gotta laugh at this point, theres really not much else you can do other then cancel.

HuntinSikness
04.13.2012 , 09:07 AM | #19
I played my Combat Medic last night and only noticed that I had to do a better job managing my ammo. Oh and Kolto bomb on 4 target is amazing. So if you guys are all sucking now, then it must be skills. I guess you can't nerf awesome
Guac <Republic's Elite> [Mandalore the Indomitable].

Shimmer-Holler
04.13.2012 , 09:08 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
Free respecs are only given when the structure of the skill tree changes, such that if you were to log in and NOT receive a free respec, your character would be broken.

For example, if you used to have 3/3 in a skill box, and we changed that skill so that it now required another skill that you didn't have, or we changed it so that it only had 2 points and you now had 3/2, you'd have a broken character. And that would be bad.

We don't give out free respecs based on an arbitrary judgement call as to how many changes were made; we give them out so your characters will continue to work. Hope that makes sense.
Makes sense but stupid.

You screw over an Advanced Class you give them the courtesy of a free-respec. It's the decent thing to do. I'd say good faith and all that but after the latest fiasco I don't think you can smooth it over.