Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm so glad everyone complained about Healing like they did in Rift as well.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I'm so glad everyone complained about Healing like they did in Rift as well.

TDRedmage
04.12.2012 , 10:58 PM | #21
Scoundrel healers got a pretty nice buff. I'm doing very well now, averaging between 200-300k healing per match.

Weren't trooper and sage heals bugged in their favor? I thought that was the reason for their nerf.

Ballzz
04.12.2012 , 10:59 PM | #22
I was trying to not be too down on this patch with regard to healing and just wait and see how it played. Sad to say that it's even worse than I imagined it would be. Healing (at least for sages) is a complete joke now in PVP. I'm hoping it's not as bad in a raid environment or I guess it's time to find a new class or just wait for GW2 to be released. Sage has gone from fun to play and an asset to the team to a worthless waste of space in a group.

I hope all the complainers about healing enjoy the new death/zerg-fest that is going to be the new norm in WZ matches because I guess that's what people wanted? Yeah, that's so fun..sitting behind an invisible wall. BW could have fixed the conveyance bug and made some small tweaks but instead went way overboard. Not too cool and I'm guessing will not have a very positive ripple effect in the game. Oh well.

TDRedmage
04.12.2012 , 11:00 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Altruismo View Post
There's no healing spec that can't do any damage, but there are DPS specs that can't do any healing.
If the DPS can not - this is your rule - can not kill the healer, the healer absolutely will win, every time. That's how attrition works.
That isn't balance, it's OP healing.
Warzones are 8v8. Arguments based around 1v1s are moot.

Strifegambit
04.12.2012 , 11:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TDRedmage View Post
Scoundrel healers got a pretty nice buff. I'm doing very well now, averaging between 200-300k healing per match.

Weren't trooper and sage heals bugged in their favor? I thought that was the reason for their nerf.
Mercs were never bugged that was just the sorcs, irregardless the overall nerf is healing encourages nothing but zerg fest dps warzones
What we do in life... Echoes in Eternity

Nanlein
04.12.2012 , 11:07 PM | #25
Just an FYI for you BW you nerf healers, people stop playing healers and your game dies. Need to rethink this.

Altruismo
04.12.2012 , 11:09 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TDRedmage View Post
Warzones are 8v8. Arguments based around 1v1s are moot.
Full 8v8's almost never happen, even in Darkstar and Huttball - put all 8 of your team in one place in any WZ and see how that works out for ya.

1v1's that determine ownership/completion of an objective happen all the time in WZ's.
A single defender that litterally requires more than one attacker to dispatch is a design flaw.

Xsorus
04.12.2012 , 11:10 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Balmuck View Post
Hai, buddy. Saw you in a lot of WZs today. You were 3 shotting people it seems.

Good times.
Wasn't really 3 shotting, but it's around 3 or 4 rounds that it takes to wreck someone.

Moosestick
04.12.2012 , 11:18 PM | #28
Never figured out why people think healers should be immune to dying unless its 3v1. To use the popular argument: game isn't balanced around 1on1. Bring 1-2 extras if you don't want to die to a dps.

Would also love to see a SS of a marauder doing 9k as anni spec vs BM gear, since the highest damage you will see with annihilate is ~5k vs undergeared light armor.

Altruismo
04.12.2012 , 11:30 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Moosestick View Post
Never figured out why people think healers should be immune to dying unless its 3v1. To use the popular argument: game isn't balanced around 1on1. Bring 1-2 extras if you don't want to die to a dps.
Exactly, none of this "The devs should be making it completely impossible for 1 DPS to kill me when I'm by myself!!" garbage.

AkilZodiac
04.12.2012 , 11:31 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Altruismo View Post
Exactly, none of this "The devs should be making it completely impossible for 1 DPS to kill me when I'm by myself!!" garbage.
No one competent is saying that.

We're saying, which is the complete truth, that healing has become useless in a team composition now. With the amount of burst happening, you are more of an asset as a DPS than a healer.

Healers have become a waste of space in PvP.
DecemberCrew

We could pre-order in July? Whatever.