Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

IA and Smuggler?

Moeror
12.15.2011 , 08:41 PM | #1
Is there any huge differences between these classes?

Deninate
12.15.2011 , 08:54 PM | #2
Yes... they play on opposite factions.

Moeror
12.15.2011 , 09:14 PM | #3

Evuke
12.15.2011 , 09:16 PM | #4
there's only really cosmetic differences, they play exactly the same.

_Foy
12.15.2011 , 10:56 PM | #5
There are a lot of "little" differences between the mirrored classes.

For example there's the famous Project vs Shock issue amongst inquisitors and consulars.

So far I only noticed a couple of differences between IA and smuggles:

Smuggles use blasters, IAs use blaster rifles... the IA Sniper uses sniper rifles while the Gunsling Smuggle will use dual wielded blaster pistols.

There are probably lots of other little differences that would be hard to notice without playing both classes but I'd be interested in seeing a full list or one more fleshed out than my one (and obvious) point.

Shroudveil
12.16.2011 , 03:39 AM | #6
i was 90%sure that i would play IA, but due to population issues on pvp servers me and my mates decided to go republic at launch so that we wont be on the 2:1 overpopulated side.

i have played a bit of IA and now i am playing smuggler.

a HUGE differance seems to exist in snipe. i don't know if it is lag or whatever but the smuggler version of snipe has some pros and cons:

cons: sometimes, usually after chained after an instant it auto-interrupt itself
pros: most of the times, if you don't spam the key and way to duck under cover you don't stand out during the 1.5sec casting time.

if this is more than visual glitch it is massive imo.

unfortunatly, due to lag and blaster bolts being all over the place, i can't see if all the shots i am receiving pop the "cover" tag for 0 damage, but for sure i see some "cover" "cover" being poped above my head meaning 100%damage reduction. unless those occur while my character actually ducks and waits to go behind the cover.

also smuggler stun>>>>> ia stun.

crotch kick > all

CastaDarklight
12.16.2011 , 03:59 AM | #7
Smuggler is more mobile than Sniper - and its logic - character with 2x small blasters should be more mobile than character with huge sniper rifle.

Kiteen
12.16.2011 , 04:32 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Shroudveil View Post
a HUGE differance seems to exist in snipe. i don't know if it is lag or whatever but the smuggler version of snipe has some pros and cons:

cons: sometimes, usually after chained after an instant it auto-interrupt itself
I've experienced this wih the IA as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by CastaDarklight View Post
Smuggler is more mobile than Sniper - and its logic - character with 2x small blasters should be more mobile than character with huge sniper rifle.
Wrong. Both classes are equally mobile - The size of your gun has no impact whatsoever on the game. In fact both are complete mirror images game mechanic wise. The only thing that changes is the type of weapon you use, and the way they look.

Sanctioned
12.16.2011 , 04:29 PM | #9
Is energy management mirrored too?

I know Trooper and Bh are supposed to be mirrors, but Trooper consumes ammo, while BH builds heat.

IA and Smuggler have same energy management?