Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why, oh why only 4 players ?

glowpipe
12.16.2011 , 02:48 PM | #1
Who was the brainiac coming up with this idea ?

Seing this game clearly trying to poach players from other games (not saying that its a bad thing so dont start a swtor vs conversation)

Me and 4 other friends came from Wow and rift. We played those games together as a friends only group. We did all instances and dungeons in a group.

Now we went over to Swtor and now one of us is borked and have to sit out and wait.
This is a terrible idea.

Same can be said for Operations really.
8 and 16. Guilds transfering over need to bench good players

Ohnoto
12.16.2011 , 03:36 PM | #2
So... you're mad that a non-wow game isn't wow.

Everything in this game is divisible by 4, if you haven't noticed that yet. This has been known for an extremely long time.

Not every game does groups of 5. LOTRO does groups of 6, DCUO does 4. Just because WoW did it does not make it right and does not make it standard.

I personally don't have a problem with it, and it's rude to say what you are towards developers of this game. You are playing their game.
Community Admin - TorCommunity
News, Guides, Forums, Character Profiles, and more.

JordanKid
12.16.2011 , 03:43 PM | #3
u sir just got told

Ruan
12.16.2011 , 03:47 PM | #4
Take turns or make three new friends.
Social features; cantinas, player housing, guild cities, these are what SWG did right.
PvP specific gear is the best way to kill PvP by segregating your player base.

Yrayl
12.16.2011 , 03:55 PM | #5
Honestly the only 4 rule is ok with me for Flashpoints, I was a little worried about the 8/16 raids though. Oh, sorry Operations lol. Guess I've played WoW too much to. Also, no need to hate on people coming over from WoW or you're gonna be hating on a LOT of people. But as far as the 4 person instances go I think it'll be ok.
WATCH YOUR FEET

ParalysedSpirit
12.16.2011 , 04:02 PM | #6
4 isnt bad. I think 6 in a group would be pretty cool.
(███████████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

RiVenoX
12.16.2011 , 04:25 PM | #7
i am a TOR apologist through and through, but i will admit i do dislike this. i'd prefer the ability to have larger groups in a game... though i can understand that w/ companions, a 4-man team with 4 companions properly geared and controlled could probably do better than they should in flashpoint situations... idk, im sure there's some kind of balance to be reached...
My backpack's got jets.

VikingGamer
12.16.2011 , 04:34 PM | #8
I have five long time friends that I met in vanilla wow. The six of us played wow for several years and we all still hang out, now in swtor. Somehow, inexplicably, we remained friends in spite of wow's odd fascination with 5 player groups.
Superior General of the Ordo Custodis

VikingGamer
12.16.2011 , 04:39 PM | #9
Also, did you know that before the latest update, Lineage 2 groups had 9 players.
I think they are only 7 now. 6 always seemed the most sensible number to me though. You should really try new games. There is so much wonderful variety out there. And I mean that seriously. Try something new. But don't dwell on what is different that you don't like. concentrate on what you do like.
Superior General of the Ordo Custodis

eldisper
12.16.2011 , 04:40 PM | #10
Being put on the bench because guild leader did not think you were raiding enough(lol) the real reason is that they played favorites. I am so gratefull this game is not wow. That's why I canceled subcription to wow. Tired of the 20 something know it all type players. I am strictly talking about wow not swtor as the mentallity and maturity level in Swtor is much higher ,at least for the moment. I have already seen wow players trying to influence the game but to no avail. The community is quicly pulverizing the wow type players and is actually teaching them some manners. I am happy
Order,stength,power and compassion. Join now, New and pros are welcome, family friendly . I am 45 yrs old arrrrrrrg