Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

which class for pvp?

Mombigalo
04.12.2012 , 08:16 AM | #1
So I'm rerolling because my server i completely dead, and want to roll a class that has good pvp uses. Right now I'm stuck between IA and Inquistor, any sugestions to sway me one way or another?

Nhaok
04.12.2012 , 08:18 AM | #2
Sent/Mara

/thread
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
-Dark Helmet

KrittaB
04.12.2012 , 08:20 AM | #3
for pvp? Inquisitor has more use by a long shot. IA's are still a blast in PVP though.

Inquisitors:

Sorc:
bubble
heal
force speed
knockback
pull-to

Assassin:
stealth
force speed
knockback
taunts
guard

Agents:
Snipers:
great damage at range

Operatives:
good heals (if specced)
decent burst damage (if specced)

The issue is that inquisitors/consulars just have way too much utility compared to other classes, which is probably why at least 50% of every team is full of them.

Mombigalo
04.12.2012 , 08:20 AM | #4
care to elaborate Nhaok?

And other guy yea i was leaning assassin way because i have seen what they can do and its just brutal

hadoken
04.12.2012 , 08:28 AM | #5
Of the choices you list, assassin. They and marauders are pretty much top dog now.

Ossos
04.12.2012 , 09:00 AM | #6
They just assassinated Vanguards and Powertechs with stealth nerfs. People are seeing a 50% drop in damage output...so, not those classes.
Preventing Hackers and Exploiters from ruining the game is not a priority. Preventing you from mentioning the fact that they exist and go unpunished is.

Achromatis
04.12.2012 , 09:28 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mombigalo View Post
So I'm rerolling because my server i completely dead, and want to roll a class that has good pvp uses. Right now I'm stuck between IA and Inquistor, any sugestions to sway me one way or another?
Which AC you thinking? Sorc/Sin are pretty good all around, Snipers are spectacular if played right. Operatives require a certain level of skill to do well, much like a Mara/Sent, but dont have nearly the same payoff for it. What playstyle? Ranged, healer, melee, tank?

And were you planning to do rateds in the future, like are you going to join a PvP guild? If you are I would probably have a look around and find one and go with what they need most if you dont particularly care what class youre playing. Some classes are better in PuGs than others.
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data

Mombigalo
04.12.2012 , 08:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Achromatis View Post
Which AC you thinking? Sorc/Sin are pretty good all around, Snipers are spectacular if played right. Operatives require a certain level of skill to do well, much like a Mara/Sent, but dont have nearly the same payoff for it. What playstyle? Ranged, healer, melee, tank?

And were you planning to do rateds in the future, like are you going to join a PvP guild? If you are I would probably have a look around and find one and go with what they need most if you dont particularly care what class youre playing. Some classes are better in PuGs than others.
probably not that serious but who knows one day i i think ill just make the inquistor as im still pretty new to mmo's and they look to be the most simple