Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Item Modification Tables

Apexs
12.16.2011 , 03:43 PM | #1
So I have a newbie question about Item Modification tables. When i go to the table and try to add modifications to an item that does not have a modification on it the window in blank but if I loot an item that has modification and use it on a table the windows seems fine. Can I not add modification to items that did not come with them?

Althire
12.16.2011 , 03:45 PM | #2
Not all items can be modified the ones you see with mod slots can also you don't have to use the table not sure why these are still in game you can just ctrl right click to mod an item
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╣█|████████████MMO's/SWTOR Guide████████████)

Apexs
12.16.2011 , 03:59 PM | #3
Thanks I did not know that.

LathinX
12.16.2011 , 04:00 PM | #4
are there even a use for these tables, now that you can just ctrl-Click the items?
▊▊▀▀▀╠∰∰╣∰╣████████████████████████▇)
Only Thru Order Can Real Power Be Obtained.

Althire
12.16.2011 , 04:12 PM | #5
Sorry my bad is it ctrl click thought it was shift will edit my original post to say that

And no use I can find for these tables
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╣█|████████████MMO's/SWTOR Guide████████████)

jtzako
12.16.2011 , 04:19 PM | #6
You can also tell if an item can be modified by looking at its tooltip. If you dont see things like MOD and Enhancement it cant be modified. Also if it doesnt say to press Ctrl Right Click to modify it cant be modified.

Merkavar
01.13.2012 , 06:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LathinX View Post
are there even a use for these tables, now that you can just ctrl-Click the items?
everyone i ask says they have no purpose and are just left overs from the beta.

but then i read in the 1.1 patch notes that they are adding another on in. why would they do that if they have no advantage over just ctrl clicking items to mod.

BlackRifle
01.13.2012 , 07:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Merkavar View Post
but then i read in the 1.1 patch notes that they are adding another on in. why would they do that if they have no advantage over just ctrl clicking items to mod.
Where did you see this? I checked the patch notes and game updates pages. I have not found what you said.

Merkavar
01.13.2012 , 07:18 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackRifle View Post
Where did you see this? I checked the patch notes and game updates pages. I have not found what you said.

Items

General

An Item Modification Table has been added to the Supplies areas of the Republic and Imperial Fleets.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1276185

Lavath
01.13.2012 , 07:22 PM | #10
At one point, I thought that the tables made it such that you didn't become a victim of extortion (it didn't cost anything) to remove a mod from a slot if you used a table vs if you just ctrl right clicked where you were (which has a fee). Then I found you are charged either way.

If they made it such that the table didn't make you burn a bunch of cash, i think they would get a LOT more use. As they are now.. they are really only useful to a new player in order to get the XP from the "read the lore about the table" quest.