Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inquisitors/Consulars... we all OK being the only pair to lose our level 46 ability?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Inquisitors/Consulars... we all OK being the only pair to lose our level 46 ability?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rhaphael
04.12.2012 , 01:16 AM | #11
In my opinion they took a useless ability and made it into a useless Legacy ability. I care more about not gaining useful Legacy abilities than I do about losing an ability I never used anyway.

Fifthorizor
04.12.2012 , 01:18 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jobalo View Post
I've never used it...

Yup. I've never used any of that.
FIFTH ELEMENT
<REHAB>
Iron Citadel

Tyrias
04.12.2012 , 02:27 AM | #13
Likewise, I never used it.

I don't care in-so-far as I'm loosing an ability that was of severely limited value, but more that I had such a skill in the first place.

I haven't played all 8 ACs, but how many other classes had a skill (beyond Heroic Moment) only usable with a companion present? As a sage, we've got a perfectly good toolbox already for PvE. For PvP (especially considering today's patch) we'll be lacking survivability as a healer, AND we'll be lacking any sort of single target heavy hitter. Tumult is "almost" a heavy hitter, but being that it's both melee and only usable on Normal/weak mobs (and not players at all) to get decent damage, it falls really quite short.

Still, It's not like I won't be getting back the exact same skill later through the legacy system, and I still won't use it much then either.
"If you've got a problem, stick a worm in it".

aldawg
04.12.2012 , 04:23 AM | #14
I'm with the "ive never used it" crew

NightHawke
04.12.2012 , 04:26 AM | #15
It will be a legacy ability.. or so the patch notes say.
Dark Legion's Empire Jung Ma Server

Live by the Sword,
Die from Bravado.

Rhaphael
04.12.2012 , 04:59 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by NightHawke View Post
It will be a legacy ability.. or so the patch notes say.
If no one used the ability when it was a regular ability, guess how many people will use it now that it has become a Legacy ability...

redfurry
04.12.2012 , 05:03 AM | #17
I do use it from time to time. But, being a level 50 Light side V Sage, I will get it by Legacy the moment I install the patch, so I end up same as I was. If I understand it correctly.

Master-Nala
04.12.2012 , 05:52 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by redfurry View Post
But, being a level 50 Light side V Sage, I will get it by Legacy the moment I install the patch, so I end up same as I was. If I understand it correctly.
Me too, but to be honest, I had to look the ability up when I read the patch notes. Never used it myself.

Jeydii
04.12.2012 , 04:07 PM | #19
I actually did use it once in awhile as a shadow tank.

Unfortunately, I am half a level from 50, so cannot take it upon log in. But also, I am a Dark based Consular, so even when I hit 50 I will have to opt for Sacrifice vice the Unity I just gave up.

Not sure how I feel about that. Its certainly not a game breaker by any means.

APeckenpaugh
04.12.2012 , 04:48 PM | #20 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
What would you put in its place? We might not replace it with anything (or at least not any time soon), but I'd still like to hear suggestions.