Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware why the ninja nerf to death from above?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bioware why the ninja nerf to death from above?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Flying-Brian
04.12.2012 , 04:26 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by LoKiei View Post
It's not nerfed, the frequency of the damage has been increased with each hit decreased.
Wrong. When I tried it out in pvp this morning, it was doing about about 3 ticks at 600 pts of damage per tick. Before it would do between 1k-2k per tick.

This is in full BM gear. This is also with the overall damage increase due to the added expertise on BM gear.

In the same game where DFA was hitting for almost nothing, I was having HS missile hit for over 5k all over the place.

The radius reduction makes the attack pointless, as you are not able to even cover the full area around a cap point anymore.

funkiestj
04.12.2012 , 04:35 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Brickabrack View Post
Not to put too fine a point on it but, lowering the radius lowers the overall damage output, does it not? That is to say... if before you were hitting 4 or 5 bad guys at once and doing x amount of damage, but now because of the smaller radius you are only hitting 3 of them for the same amount of x damage, then overall it's less damage, because you're not doing damage at all to 1 or 2 that you used to be able to hit. Right?

By that rational, it's a pretty sharp nerf.
Yeah, and in PvP you can now exit the radius of DfA more easily.

area covered by a circle is 2*pi * r^2 so we have:

r=5 ; area = 157 sq units
r=8; area = 402 sq units

(units are meters?)

so the new AoE is 40% of the area of the old.

I haven't played 1.2 yet. No doubt it will be interesting PvPing with my BH merc.

DEuZZ
04.12.2012 , 05:41 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
Yeah, and in PvP you can now exit the radius of DfA more easily.

area covered by a circle is 2*pi * r^2 so we have:

r=5 ; area = 157 sq units
r=8; area = 402 sq units

(units are meters?)

so the new AoE is 40% of the area of the old.

I haven't played 1.2 yet. No doubt it will be interesting PvPing with my BH merc.
Playing merc now in 1.2 will only make you frustrated and angry! i quit myself... Enough is enough.
Victius Sorcerer
“Peace Through Tyranny.”

WarpedWiseMan
04.12.2012 , 06:08 PM | #34
I've seen a lot of really extreme reactions on here... Yes, BH got a big nerf, no it's not the end of the world, but I'm shelving my BH until there is another update because I find going from taking 5% to 10% damage per battle doing ilum dailies to taking 70% damage per battle a little extreme. Am I the only one who's seeing a huge increase in damage taken?

Molltor
04.12.2012 , 06:38 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by CameronWinston View Post
Damage from Death From Above should not be any different in this patch. All that was adjusted was the radius of the effect. Damage is applied faster now (every .5 second instead of every second) but the overall damage is the same.
If you believe this should be the case, then I suggest you look into the numbers. DFA has very clearly been reduced in the damage it deals. Forgetting the radius nerf, people stood in it, now dont really have to move as the damage isnt really a big threat to them. however, if they do decide to move out, its a very very short walk to do so.

This was a great ability with a reasonable cooldown that could be used to put a lot of pressure on healers trying their best to keep people up, or themselves when clustered around a perceived safe zone (pillars in Voidstar for eg).

Now, it seems like that it only manages hits of 400-600 per tick, and NOT at an increased tick rate as someone suggested before.

Look at this ability, and get it fixed.

Noviru
04.12.2012 , 06:54 PM | #36
Hello everyone,

We would also like to share the following information from Austin Peckenpaugh regarding Death From Above:
Quote:
DFA's total damage was not changed in patch 1.2, but it ticks more frequently and deals less damage per tick. The overall damage and DPS dealt by DFA has not changed.

The only balance adjustments made to DFA are the ones you see in the patch notes (starts faster and has a smaller radius).
We hope this helps clear up any confusion!

RikHar
04.12.2012 , 07:02 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
MMMmm just had 3 other Bh's in full BM gear do a warzone and only do around 60k damage.

But you guys keep saying what your saying.

Don't let it bother you. Half the times these loudmouths don't even play the class they're talking about.

Death from above wasn't all that to begin with.

RikHar
04.12.2012 , 07:05 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Noviru View Post
Hello everyone,

We would also like to share the following information from Austin Peckenpaugh regarding Death From Above:

But what many players would like to know is why? Why the changes? What's the logic behind them?

It would be nice of Bioware to explain the reasoning behind the changes to the Bounty Hunter.

I think that's not asking a lot.

DEuZZ
04.12.2012 , 08:40 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by RikHar View Post
Don't let it bother you. Half the times these loudmouths don't even play the class they're talking about.

Death from above wasn't all that to begin with.
lol your only enjoying this....! what he sais is true...
is no confusion about death from above... It used to crit 2k 4k etc, now it CRITS 500 dmg! L O L !
Victius Sorcerer
“Peace Through Tyranny.”

JarekCyphus
04.12.2012 , 08:43 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Noviru View Post
Hello everyone,

As someone who was fighting the same mobs Wednesday night as I am tonight, I can tell you this is simply not true. Mobs are taking less damage from it, whether they're weaks, normals, or strongs. This needs to be looked at. I suspect the "nerfs" may not have been intended...or certain levels of DFA are disproportionate with higher levels.
_____HAGALAZ KAHN_____________________________
MANDALORIAN COMMANDO
___________________________STAR WARS_________