Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not fair that I am balding, have a pot belly, and lack rippling biceps. Sure, the hair is genetic and not really my fault. I'll give you that. But the fact that I have a paunch and skinny arms is my doing for the choices I make in my life. I'm not going around and griping that I want the general public to also have to resort to a toupee because of my hair. I am not making you come and spot me on the bench or making you walk around the park with me.

Life is inherently unfair. You don't deserve something just because someone else has it. If you think you do, next time I pass by you in a restaurant make sure to have a sign saying who you are so I can come down to your table and eat some of your steak.

You don't have your 30 free days because you don' have a level 50? Sorry about your luck. I don't have a pony.

You're comparing life to a video game, your argument is invalid.

It's not fair that I am balding, have a pot belly, and lack rippling biceps. Sure, the hair is genetic and not really my fault. I'll give you that. But the fact that I have a paunch and skinny arms is my doing for the choices I make in my life. I'm not going around and griping that I want the general public to also have to resort to a toupee because of my hair. I am not making you come and spot me on the bench or making you walk around the park with me.

Life is inherently unfair. You don't deserve something just because someone else has it. If you think you do, next time I pass by you in a restaurant make sure to have a sign saying who you are so I can come down to your table and eat some of your steak.

You don't have your 30 free days because you don' have a level 50? Sorry about your luck. I don't have a pony.

You sound like someone with a 50 who is obviously unaware of good customer service.

Reading that all lvl 50 players get a free month for being dedicated makes me feel like crap.

Having had my first child born around the release of this game means I haven't spent as much time as I would previously on an MMO, suppose it makes me more of a dedicated father then a dedicated player... I'll take that I guess...

Does this decision upset me? yes, will I rage quit, no... funnily enough I still enjoy this game and will continue to play, as I have done with people around me bagging bioware ea, the game, I still play the games that I enjoy not what others tell me. I suppose though this is not enough dedication.

To be honest, I understand that the intent of this was "you players have put up with a lot more crap then others, here's a month, please give us a chance to do better."

I would have much preferred calling it what it is then validating some at the expense of others, or maybe a more equitable application, ie, base the free month on a total game time across all characters, that seems pretty fair, would apply to people with 50's as well as those who spent just as much time on alts...

It would be amusing to see all non 50's unsub for 1 month just to see what happens, but eh.

finally, I started playing this game based on my experience and the rep of Bioware being top quality, I keep playing because I enjoy the game.

In future when considering my game purchases I guess Bio's rep won't count quite so much...

/wall of text

A company having to give FREE stuff like this THIS early in the game is rather sad thing to see, because you know this is the kinda stuff you see a year down the line....

I think everyone will be happy to take the gifts and I'm sure we all appreciate them, but the underlying issue with them is the reason they need to give them with everything going on.

Good gesture, but why on earth is the "FREE MONTH FOR LEVEL 50s" not in the title of this thread? That seems a lot more relevant than the other information, given how the forums are basically in open revolt.

This is a great business gesture by BW, but they need to emphasize it.

I've played since day one of early access.

have 14 alts.

My highest is level 42

:(

Haha, I like the fact that all the level 50's are claiming that giving them a month free is a sign the game is dying while the people who didn't get to level 50 are mad they didn't get the free month. Basically the people that got the free month don't want it and the people who didn't do.... Sorry BW, tough crowd...

You know when I turned 10 my parents threw a birthday party for me at the local swimming pool. One of my friends that I invited got me a game, Topple, for my birthday that I already had. I, being 10, made a comment about already having that game.

Boy did I get a long lecture about being appreciative of the gesture and how to say thank you for the thought behind a gift and not to be a greedy little bugger.

So to all the people out there crying about not having a lvl 50 and not getting game time, appreciate the gesture and move on. They didn't have to do anything for anyone. Look for the good in people / companies instead of always focusing on the negative.

Devs, Community Representatives, thank you kindly for the thought and for the gifts you gave out. You didn't have too, but it is definately a classy thing to do. Kudos.

A SPECIAL GIFT FOR OUR LEVEL 50 PLAYERS – 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US!

As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty.

I'm a little concerned, one about the verbiage of this announcement, and two about the entire concept. According to this announcement, players with level 50 characters are considered "most valued." That's a mighty slap in the face of those of us who have played since Early Game Access, played across multiple servers (including weeks on the PTS) testing the new patch, multiple alts to 30+, but who just haven't finished a single character to 50. Also, this announcement, coming as an "after-the-fact" announcement, means those of us with characters that are close on a character (high 40s), are not rewarded with free game time because we were unaware of this "perk".

Some players like to experience multiple stories, multiple aspects of the game. And, in some cases, players ceased playing on live servers to play new characters on the test server rather than finish reaching 50 on a single character.

I would suggest that the levels of alts be taken into account, and time spent on the PTS, rather than claiming that those who have reached level 50 are more important than those who have played a wider spectrum of the game. Ether that or give all players with active accounts of a certain length of time this free time, rather than basing it on some arbitrary in-game basis.

Bah... I just fricking unsub today... if I suscribe again do I qualify for this ??

Probably not. I resubbed 10 days ago or so, and instantly cancelled sub, old routine of mine when playing MMO's I am not 100% sure I will stick to.

Now I missed the 30 days of free playing time. Though I am not sure I would use it anyway, as this game is seemingly trying hard to invent a new form of Harikiri.

Reading through it its kinda funny that if you quit and come back you get the Tauntaun or if you have a level 50 you get a tauntaun but no one in the middle gets one. Thats really classic bad. Atleast in WOW when I played during this kind of thing it was more like "active subscribers who log in between tuesday and thursday will get this special in game pet". Far less discriminatory in my opinion. Edited by vanyelsf

ya it just another desperation of here is free time please play and get addicted or something! PLEASE!

That is obvious and has been pass couple months of free weekends, free time for friends, etc... so this is of no surprize.

And for those saying I don't have a 50 look at how people say wow so amazing that ea is giving free month of playing.

Now I assume you figured OOOOOO they only giving it to the 50s because they know 3 things:

1. Not everyone has a 50 especily the already major fans that have fun playing and therefore they save $ and don't have to worry about those players.

2. They need to make the 50s happy and know they may quit, but if given more time to play for free in there non-stop pvp changes and everything they will keep them / rehook them.

3. It is the simplest and cheapest way of giving it away and not having to worry about it and just maybe having a copied and pasted This is Droid we don't care, but we are sorry so here is a paragraph of text for you to read, Thank you as always .

I'd like to know this as well. I cancelled my recurring payment but I still have days left and no ban. Will those of us in this position receive it as well? No mail as of yet.

Emails should be completely sent by tomorrow.

Essentially, anyone who has game time left on their account, is able to login (ie, is not banned) and is not playing the game as part of a Friend's Trial will be eligible for the game time.

Anyone know if I'll still be able to get the Tauntaun? I cancelled my sub a while ago (due to...personal reasons), but I still have 98 Days left on my sub.

As long as you are not banned (and you're posting, so you're not) you should be fine.

I have 4 50s, do I get 120 days of free game time?

I'm afraid not, no.

Level 50 should NOT be a requirement to get the free game time. You are treating those of us who have actual lives, and don't spend every single day in game like 2nd class citizens by doing this. I've played since Beta, kept an active sub since launch and honestly I only have a level 45. I wanted to play multiple characters, not just one. I wanted to enjoy my time in game and not rush the story. There are many others who have done this same thing and we should be entitled to the time as well.

If you honestly want to make this a reasonable reward it should be for people who have maintained an active sub since launch. Otherwise your just alienating a decent chunk of the player base that has helped keep this game alive during the past few months.

Agreed, same here. Bioware is foolish for not making it exactly how you said, "If you honestly want to make this a reasonable reward it should be for people who have maintained an active sub since launch."

Oh, and btw, "You're a worthless founder." -Bioware.

Epicfail Bioware

You know when I turned 10 my parents threw a birthday party for me at the local swimming pool. One of my friends that I invited got me a game, Topple, for my birthday that I already had. I, being 10, made a comment about already having that game.

Boy did I get a long lecture about being appreciative of the gesture and how to say thank you for the thought behind a gift and not to be a greedy little bugger.

So to all the people out there crying about not having a lvl 50 and not getting game time, appreciate the gesture and move on. They didn't have to do anything for anyone. Look for the good in people / companies instead of always focusing on the negative.

Devs, Community Representatives, thank you kindly for the thought and for the gifts you gave out. You didn't have too, but it is definately a classy thing to do. Kudos.

I don't have a 50 and I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Haha, I like the fact that all the level 50's are claiming that giving them a month free is a sign the game is dying while the people who didn't get to level 50 are mad they didn't get the free month. Basically the people that got the free month don't want it and the people who didn't do.... Sorry BW, tough crowd...

Ungrateful BASTARDS! I would appreciate a free month so much. I barely have 20 hours a week to play SW:TOR AND YET I STILL SUBSCRIBE.

I think you missed the part where the players without lvl 50 characters don't have anything to thank for. Well, the mini ... pity I don't care about minis.

I've played since day one of early access.

have 14 alts.

My highest is level 42

:(

Yup, just about same here. Had decided to settle in this weekend and aim for 50 with my 42 since I wanted to indulge in some of the Legacy stuff.

This is really a not well thought out move on their part. Rewarding loyalty is great! But loyalty is not limited to who got to 50...or shouldn't be.

Ah well. It is what it is.

This is so bang on! Thank you... To anyone else who feels they didnt get a pony but should you can call this number.

Customer Service

USA: 1-855-GO-SWTOR (1-855-467-9867)

Way to go Bioware! Thanks for ignoring 6-month subscribers that enjoy playing a variety of classes and/or those of us that are dedicated paying subscribers that have paid 6 MONTHS IN ADVANCE, yet maybe haven't had the time to get to level 50 yet, because we have a life outside of SWTOR.

I guess due to the above reasons my money isn't as good as someone with a current level 50!

Oh, but those friends of mine that have 50s but have already canceled their memberships deserve a free month! Ridiculous!

Looks like I'll be taking my 6-month recurring membership elsewhere!

Who is the genius that thought up that idea?!