Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patching 1.2 Problem

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nerd_Life
04.12.2012 , 09:25 AM | #1
Main Assets finishes downloading, however doesn't finish installing before I get the error message. I've tried repairing the download, repairing the launcher and deleting the patch file before re-downloading.

Spoiler

LtSpook
04.12.2012 , 11:35 AM | #2
hi i've got the same problem and I dont know how to fix it

first it stopped at 22% and froze

second time it said error and repair needed

jmrntjb
04.12.2012 , 12:03 PM | #3
Same problem. Stops when installing at at 62%. Repair doesn't fix it. My only other option would be re-downloading the whole game, but due to my connection, it would take me the rest of the day.

Kindajenin
04.12.2012 , 12:20 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by LtSpook View Post
hi i've got the same problem and I dont know how to fix it

first it stopped at 22% and froze

second time it said error and repair needed
Greetings LtSpook,

Can you please try to do the following for me please:

Can you firstly run a Pathping and Tracert to our server.
  • Go to search
  • Type 'cmd' right click on the icon and choose run as administrator
  • When the command window opens type in the following
    Pathping cdn-patch.swtor.com(please save in a notepad file)
  • After this type in
    Tracert cdn-patch.swtor.com(please save in a notepad file)
  • Please post your results on the forums for me to look at.
Also I would ask you to copy the entire game directory to your desktop and try to patch it from that folder.

Once again thank you for getting back to me and I hope we can fix this really soon for you.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

jmrntjb
04.12.2012 , 01:02 PM | #5
Here are my reports. I hope that they help in conjunction with LtSpook's reports.

Spoiler

LtSpook
04.12.2012 , 01:22 PM | #6
I tried it 1 more time and did repair and it went to installing then it said again error 13 file to repair and froze.

these are my results:
Pathping cdn-patch.swtor.com
Spoiler

Tracert cdn-patch.swtor.com
Spoiler

im actually dissapointed. from the moment i bought to game i had problem. they got solved fast but now again. this is starting to be a waste of my money. you guys really need to fix the patch cuz im not the only 1 having problem i figure thousands of people have problems with patching

LtSpook
04.12.2012 , 01:40 PM | #7
just make an exe file with the update. and its not and network problem cuz download works we all have problems with installing. so stop wasting time examining this and please give us a seperate exe with the patch. I think im speaking for a lot of people so dman work on it. you guys are freakin bioware you make good games to please do not make this your impression with a lot of people.

jmrntjb
04.12.2012 , 01:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindajenin View Post

Can you please try to do the following for me please:

...Also I would ask you to copy the entire game directory to your desktop and try to patch it from that folder. ...
I copied the game directory to the desktop and I still get the same "stuck at 62% on install, click here to repair" issue.

LordKhromag
04.12.2012 , 01:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LtSpook View Post
just make an exe file with the update. and its not and network problem cuz download works we all have problems with installing. so stop wasting time examining this and please give us a seperate exe with the patch. I think im speaking for a lot of people so dman work on it. you guys are freakin bioware you make good games to please do not make this your impression with a lot of people.
/signed

I don't think we need an exe installer for every little patch, but for crying out loud, for MAJOR patches, hell yeah. Have the installer/launcher ask if we want to autopatch or if we want to download an EXE when a major patch is needed for installation.

Afuu
04.12.2012 , 03:17 PM | #10
The patcher has it own set of problems, these are things that You cannot afford to do, especially when WE are paying for the game to play per month, every day it comes out of our pocket, figure it out... FAST, cause this is really deterring me from playing this game.
\