Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Obvious way to cancel subscription

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
No Obvious way to cancel subscription

slade_x
12.16.2011 , 03:49 PM | #1
I received my product code today and entered it, the second last step to register was to setup a subscription (the last is more security) but i have noticed now that i have setup a subscription there is no way from my account on this site that i can see where i can cancel my subscription. The only possiblities are to change the payment method.

Granted its a great way to keep your subscriptions but its no way to do the subscription process, or is there just some tab that i am missing?

GhoXen
12.16.2011 , 03:51 PM | #2
It's probably somewhere discreet, which is fair - all MMOs do that. It wouldn't make sense if a big "cancel subscription" button is right on top of every page in your account section.

slade_x
12.16.2011 , 03:52 PM | #3
Just noticed i received this email:

Quote:
Greetings slade_x:

You have successfully created a subscription for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. If you subscribed to a 30 or 60 day recurring plan, you will be billed on a recurring basis without further notfication. If you are subscribed to a 180 day recurring plan, you will be notified approximately 30 days prior to being billed.

To view or change your subscription information visit www.swtor.com/user/account

May the Force be with you,

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Team

By making your membership purchase today you authorize EA to automatically charge the then-current renewal membership fee (plus applicable taxes) to your credit or debit card without any additional action by you prior to the expiration of your membership. Your membership will continue to automatically renew until cancelled. You may cancel your membership at any time here: www.swtor.com/user/account, or by contacting BioWare Customer Service at www.swtor.com/support.

PRIVACY POLICY: Our Certified Online Privacy Policy gives you confidence whenever you play EA games. To view our complete Privacy Policy, go to privacy.ea.com or write to: Privacy Policy Administrator, Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.

This is a transactional email from the Star Wars: The Old Republic Team.

To help ensure that you receive emails from Star Wars: The Old Republic, please add no-reply@bioware.swtor.com to your address book.
Never mind just noticed the button,

slade_x
12.16.2011 , 03:56 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by GhoXen View Post
It's probably somewhere discreet, which is fair - all MMOs do that. It wouldn't make sense if a big "cancel subscription" button is right on top of every page in your account section.
Yeah thanks just noticed it now, normally you cancel a subscription by "changing your subscription plan" to not actually having one anymore. but theres actually a seperate button for it