Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

anybody learned an orange schematic through RE yet?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
anybody learned an orange schematic through RE yet?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Almghty_gir
04.12.2012 , 09:36 AM | #1
as the title asks... i kinda stockpiled a whole bunch of greens and blues (drops from mobs/chests), a whole bank vault full of them... and i haven't managed to learn a single orange from any of them!
Bruglir Fellblade - Dark Jedi.
Guild leader - Vulgar Display of Power
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Regault
04.12.2012 , 09:41 AM | #2
Basically Zoeller misrepresented the whole thing. When he said "reverse engineer anything to get an orange" he actually meant "Reverse engineer any of the hideous new 1.2 campaign armors to get an orange, not even the black hole armors that use the exact same skin can be RE'd."

Frustrating I know. Was looking forward to getting my trooper in an orange version of the heavy chestguard from low levels.

Almghty_gir
04.12.2012 , 09:54 AM | #3
i am so disappoint...
Bruglir Fellblade - Dark Jedi.
Guild leader - Vulgar Display of Power
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Escherichia
04.12.2012 , 10:54 AM | #4
That was like 50% of what I was excited for.
Legonella, Power Tech, The Bastion.

Zocat
04.12.2012 , 11:04 AM | #5
I accumulated a ton of orange gear from random world drops. And I cannot RE them

herdofcaribou
04.12.2012 , 12:03 PM | #6
NM misread the post above me. So you can't RE any orange gear other than the ugly end game stuff? What is the point of that?

I thought they were trying to make it so there was more diversity in armor and appearance. This will not help that. Am I wrong for having this impression? I guess there are a few sets that you get orange schems for from the trainer but that isn't much.

This is extremely disappointing if this is the case. The no ranked WZ is a bummer, I can deal. However the crafting changes were what I was most looking forward to in 1.2. I hope BW reconsiders this or patches if its not working as intended. Otherwise this seems like a lot of hype for very little.

AllisonBerryman
04.12.2012 , 12:12 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone - if you can obtain a schematic through reverse engineering, you'll see a tooltip that indicates that research is available. If you see "No Research Available" on the tooltip, reverse engineering that item won't grant a schematic. Hope this clears things up a little!

SlimsPicken
04.12.2012 , 12:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hello everyone - if you can obtain a schematic through reverse engineering, you'll see a tooltip that indicates that research is available. If you see "No Research Available" on the tooltip, reverse engineering that item won't grant a schematic. Hope this clears things up a little!
thanks! that sucks.

people wanted variety. I have been saving up tons of world drops I intended to RE (TH corpsmans set for BH- the only good looking gear)

guess that aint happening.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

JarenWelen
04.12.2012 , 12:30 PM | #9
Where exactly is this tooltip? I've been unable to find one when starting the RE process...
Zhalle / Kayl'ik / Arxxis
Take a Seat - The Red Eclipse
Founder/Beta Tester
https://www.youtube.com/Myneuwaeroa

Teykos
04.12.2012 , 12:31 PM | #10
You need to run Underworld Trading and other similar missions for the new low level custom schematics.