Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inheritance Construction Kits items level up with character?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Inheritance Construction Kits items level up with character?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MrLeee
04.12.2012 , 11:41 AM | #1
For the gear/weapons you buy with your Inheritance Construction Kits does the items level up with the character you put them on?

Example, I can get a level 14 lightsaber for my alt. When I level up my alt will the lightsaber level up also?
Prefers blasters over hokey religions and ancient weapons.

Solgath
04.12.2012 , 12:12 PM | #2
no it doesn't appear they do, nor do they work for any character but that class, so if u have a sith warrior, and get one of those items, its only usable by a sith warrior, and no one else, nor does it have any slots or customization available, so as it stands, legacy items are totally and utterly useless

MrLeee
04.12.2012 , 12:13 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Solgath View Post
no it doesn't appear they do, not do they work for any character but that class, so if u have a sith warrior, and get one of those items, its only usable by a sith warrior, and no one else, nor does it have any slots or customization available, so as it stands, legacy items are totally and utterly useless
Well damn that sucks! They should atleast level with your character!

Thanks for the info!
Prefers blasters over hokey religions and ancient weapons.

Solgath
04.12.2012 , 12:17 PM | #4
yeah really appears Bioware missed the mark with these legacy items, when i heard about it myself i was like, cool heirlooms for my char that lvl as i do... but no, i feel so totally let down with this patch

Sambril
04.12.2012 , 12:23 PM | #5
Well the orange sets are a source for moddable belts and bracers at least, though without augment slots.

The other ones are supposed to provide a low level boost to new alts.

AllisonBerryman
04.12.2012 , 12:26 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Solgath View Post
no it doesn't appear they do, nor do they work for any character but that class, so if u have a sith warrior, and get one of those items, its only usable by a sith warrior, and no one else, nor does it have any slots or customization available, so as it stands, legacy items are totally and utterly useless
Hey everyone, just a clarification - when you receive your Inheritance Construction Kit, you should mail it to the character in your Legacy that you'd like to give the weapon to. The in-game mail that accompanies the Construction Kit contains instructions. The character you mail it to can then redeem the Kit on Dromund Kaas or Coruscant to receive the item! You should not redeem the Kit on your main character, as you'll receive an item for that character's class.

Dayln
04.12.2012 , 12:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sambril View Post
Well the orange sets are a source for moddable belts and bracers at least, though without augment slots.

The other ones are supposed to provide a low level boost to new alts.
Got it, thanks

I was wondering.... now I see it... cool

It isnt so much for the character that receives it, but the young alt he gives it too.
I have a bad feeling about this

Agarwaenn
04.12.2012 , 12:34 PM | #8
It's still pretty worthless. It's basically a blue quality item. No upgrade slots or anything. Unless it levels up with the toon, you will put it aside after only a couple levels. Sad.
Been actively reporting SWTOR bugs since July 2011. It's almost a full time job.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keller's Void - Rachgier, Galadrial, Galadeon (Empire)

CitizenSith
04.12.2012 , 12:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone, just a clarification - when you receive your Inheritance Construction Kit, you should mail it to the character in your Legacy that you'd like to give the weapon to. The in-game mail that accompanies the Construction Kit contains instructions. The character you mail it to can then redeem the Kit on Dromund Kaas or Coruscant to receive the item! You should not redeem the Kit on your main character, as you'll receive an item for that character's class.
Oh, well, crud. I didn't get that sense when reading the mail. Not sure if it wasn't clear or if I just misread it. (I do recall the mail was missing a verb or helping verb, so maybe that what distracted me.) It's gone now, so I can't tell.

What is the long-term mission of the legacy item? Is it simply to help one character level up easier? I have eight characters, two of which have received the Legacy item. Was the goal for one person to level up (to 32, for example), receive a Legacy kit and send that kit to the next character you made so the new character could level up, receive a new kit to send to the next character in line? Or is the intention for this one legacy item to be inherited from one character to the next?
EGA: Tuesday, 13DEC11 <- I was there! Shadowlands Server: Horror Legacy
Sith Empire: Cthuhlu (DS SI), Hastur (DS SW), Gentleman (LS SW), Palpatyne (DS SI), Imperial (IA), Gorynych (LS SI)
Republic: Simulacrum (LS Tr), Akumashibaru (LS JK)

phillynew
04.12.2012 , 12:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CitizenSith View Post
Oh, well, crud. I didn't get that sense when reading the mail. Not sure if it wasn't clear or if I just misread it. (I do recall the mail was missing a verb or helping verb, so maybe that what distracted me.) It's gone now, so I can't tell.

What is the long-term mission of the legacy item? Is it simply to help one character level up easier? I have eight characters, two of which have received the Legacy item. Was the goal for one person to level up (to 32, for example), receive a Legacy kit and send that kit to the next character you made so the new character could level up, receive a new kit to send to the next character in line? Or is the intention for this one legacy item to be inherited from one character to the next?
Might have to complete chapter 1 to get one, that is the unlock point for your first character to unlock the legacy system so that may be where your toons need to be to get the kit?

Just spitballing here.