Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Crashes after pressing Play

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BrownSugarr
04.12.2012 , 11:37 AM | #1
The title says it all, I've just about read most of the threads and problems people are experiencing about this and it is quite stupid. Don't tell me to delete my game and re-install because I have done that. I have restarted my computer approx. 10 times now. I updated my gfx card drivers, direct x, .net framework. Now why would I have to do all of that when I could play just fine yesterday? I still cannot log in because the game crashes everytime I press play. Instead of sending people around in circles like gosh darn monkeys why won't you guys admit you made a mistake and fix it.

Smaois
04.12.2012 , 11:39 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings BrownSugarr,

Have you completed the troubleshooting in this post?

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

BrownSugarr
04.12.2012 , 11:41 AM | #3
Are you f'ing kidding me replying like that? Did you just not read what I said? Jesus Christ that really makes me want to quit this game. Holy crap.

Smaois
04.12.2012 , 11:42 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings BrownSugarr,

Please post your DxDiag here.

Before you post it, please remove your PC Name from the DxDiag.

Please post the DxDiag within code tags or spoiler tags

Go to Start menu:
  1. Type dxdiag into the Search/Run box
  2. Select the "Save All Information" button
  3. This will create a dxdiag.txt file(Please remove your PC Name before posting)
This will assist us to troubleshoot the issue.

BrownSugarr
04.12.2012 , 11:44 AM | #5
Spoiler

Skylineeee
04.12.2012 , 11:46 AM | #6
What do you mean crashes? Monitor goes out of range (all black)?

You need to force your refresh rate to whatever your monitor/GPU supports, this patch made a mess of refresh rates.

BrownSugarr
04.12.2012 , 11:47 AM | #7
The game crashes, how hard is that to comprehend? It opens and then closes instantly.

Smaois
04.12.2012 , 11:47 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings BrownSugarr,

Thank you for providing your DxDiag.

Please supply the following information:
  • Open your Start menu and type "View Reliability History" into the search box.
  • Select the most recent SWTOR.exe failure denoted with a red circle with a white X in the middle.
  • Double-click the related Critical Event under Source.
  • Copy the full description to the clipboard and paste this in to your reply.
Please post this within code tags or spoiler tags

BrownSugarr
04.12.2012 , 11:50 AM | #9
There isn't one for SWTOR.exe, there is no error message. It just terminates the process immediately.

OllehEybdoog
04.12.2012 , 11:57 AM | #10
One additional thing I noticed with this problem is when typing in login info my launcher went all grey.

My launcher no longer gave me the option for 'repair' so I couldn't do that. This was an option before yesterday's fiasco.

There is no file "fixlauncher.exe" in the location listed on my computer. I have no idea if this file existed before yesterday.

I ran the download recommended where it seems to replace the launcher and this seems to have worked. So I recommend anyone with the issue just skip to this and run it.