Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Missing UI Features

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

QuelessQuest
04.12.2012 , 11:11 AM | #1
With the updated UI customization I was expecting:
  • Movable Pop-up Windows
  • Resizable Pop-up Windows
  • Resizable Main Map

Am I missing how to do this? The window frustration when opening a character sheet, inventory, etc. was what bugged me the most about the UI and that apparently hasn't changed.

And now that I have everything else scaled the way I want it, I still can't do anything about the large overhead map.

It's a start, but not done, and a little late.

DavidBass
04.12.2012 , 11:13 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by QuelessQuest View Post
With the updated UI customization I was expecting:
  • Movable Pop-up Windows
  • Resizable Pop-up Windows
  • Resizable Main Map

Am I missing how to do this? The window frustration when opening a character sheet, inventory, etc. was what bugged me the most about the UI and that apparently hasn't changed.

And now that I have everything else scaled the way I want it, I still can't do anything about the large overhead map.

It's a start, but not done, and a little late.
While you can't resize the windows yet (and that is feedback I'll pass to the team!), you can indeed move them around. Open the UI Editor and check "Enable Movable Secondary Window."

QuelessQuest
04.12.2012 , 11:45 AM | #3
Thanks for that. You just improved my quality of life in game!

CerilSkye
04.12.2012 , 11:45 AM | #4
I was really hoping we'd be able to remove the [1 - General] that now appears in chat :/
Alteia - 50 Scoundrel scrapper - Frostclaw
Ceril - 26 Vanguard - Frostclaw
Ceril - 19 Vanguard - Red Eclipse

shaguar
04.12.2012 , 11:49 AM | #5
why the heck didn't we get an additional hotbar ? how am i supposed to use new legacy skills if theres no place left on my 4 hotbars ?

lmao, rly

JAgony
04.12.2012 , 12:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by shaguar View Post
why the heck didn't we get an additional hotbar ? how am i supposed to use new legacy skills if theres no place left on my 4 hotbars ?

lmao, rly
You get creative, figure out what you need and what you don't need. On my 50 merc healer for example, I'm not going to be using Rocket Punch a lot, so I remove it from my action bars. If i ever need it again, I open my ability panel and bring it back on.
Officer - {WRL} - Sith - Shadowlands
Jangus - 50 Sith Marauder
Livefire - 50 Bodyguard Mercenary
>>The Agonis Legacy<<

VulcanLogic
04.12.2012 , 12:32 PM | #7
Also missing: The ability to detach/resize buff/debuff icons from the player frame and the target frame. This would be a very helpful feature for quite a few classes, such as jedi balance shadows, lightning sorcerers, and lethality snipers. We need a better method of tracking our dots and procs, particularly on operations bosses where multiple classes of the same type might be present. I run my jedi shadow as balance, with another balance shadow and a balance sage. It is currently impossible to tell whose debuffs belong to whom, and it is quite frustrating and leads to a lot of early refreshes, which leads to lower DPS for all three.
Yo. Droid companions need an operations vendor, too. My extra coms have to go somewhere, and I'd prefer SCORPIO to Kaliyo.

MynockSushi
04.12.2012 , 01:26 PM | #8
We shouldn't have to open a window editor.
We should be able to grab a window, move it and re-size it right there.
Plus ALL the windows should come up and not have one window close one another out!
Please stop making things so complicated and start making things more user friendly.
Greetings Liquidious Meatbag.

TheGeoff
04.12.2012 , 02:48 PM | #9
Is there a way to move/resize the pvp specific UI stuff? (the map, score tracker, etc...) Mine was in the upper right corner but then got bumped to the left when I was playing with other UI elements and is really in the way now.

Dustman
04.12.2012 , 04:34 PM | #10
yea but just remember , when you fix the map resizing , i also want the option to turn off the rest of the clutter , and just make it a map if i want

don't want mission tracker , don't want legend

don't want additional little map in corner....... just 1 map please
Dust From Intrepid and Im Coming to Kill You
Also Known as Dreath
Member of Concilium Join or Die