Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To or not to Shadow Strike.

Philosomanic
04.12.2012 , 07:53 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by OysterCatcherr View Post
Guys. If you are going to PvP - especially as a shadow - you have have HAVE to be mouse turning.

Mobility and fluidity of movement is one of our class' primary assets, and in PvP where the battleground is CONSTANTLY moving, you need to be constantly moving/strafing too. There are no ifs or buts about it, you have to just get used to it.

THe only class where could pooosibly get away with keyboard turning is as a commando/merc, but even then it isn't advisable

Have you ever used WASD? The whole point of moving with your keyboard is that you can constantly move and strafe. The confusing movement patterns you can use with turn+strafe can really throw your enemy off. Q+D or A+E will almost instantly circle you behind your opponent.

You make it sound like keyboard turning prevents you from moving in combat...

Anyways, I'm not going to argue that one is objectively better than the other. For me, WASD is far better. However, I have friends that do just as well as I do using mouse-turning. It all depends on what's more comfortable for you. Every player should try both.
PvP Dacromir -- Vanguard -- Level 50 PvE
The Imp'Crusher Legacy
<Something Offensive>
The Bastion

allovuhsudden
04.12.2012 , 10:37 AM | #22
I use it from time to time when targets are attacking my companion.

Kai-Eurah-Tird
04.12.2012 , 10:59 AM | #23
I use it as a tell tale sign of a noob. Anyone one that opens from stealth with Shadow Strike, then proceed to shadow strike again is gonna be an easy kill.
Jedi Mindtrick - Shadow - The Twin Spear

Bio-where's-my-entitlement-gear. . ?