Annihilation builds for 1.2

_Neb

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That link shows up as a 31/7/33 spec for me. I'd probably go with that one too!

Indeed, that truly would be awesome, but obviously wrong!

Link fixed now, and should have been 31/7/3

3/3 Hemorrage

2/2 Phantom if you mostly do PVP

Not a big fan of seeping wound but it might be nice after the buff

Is enraged charge worth taking?

Having to rethink my build

edit: also what about ravager? Ravage has been buffed, and now ravager increases its damage even further. Could be strong

Edited by HBninjaX

For pure PVP, I'm thinking something like this:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/marauder#9fe8e8elc-i-i

If you are going pure PVP, I think this will probably be the standard for Annihilation:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/marauder#9f2828elc-2i-k

There is no need for Enraged Charge, there is no need for Phantom, and there is no need for Defensive Roll. With the buff to Ravage, I think the 2 points in Ravager will be pretty beneficial. Your mileage may vary, of course, but for those that usually run with a healer or 2 (which will be pretty much everyone once Rated Warzones come out, since you will have to queue with a full team of 8 to get in), I think the "incoming damage-reduction" talents are not as important.

For the record, I went with 2 points in Defensive Roll instead of in Ravager, since I will be raiding tonight and I am not sure how the AE damage will be (and I am too lazy/cheap to respec every day just to change one talent).

Edited by PenoNation

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/marauder#93e8e8elc-2i-i

This is what I'd go for: 33/5/3

The 1 extra second of immobilization from Stagger is nice but I believe that an increase of 2 seconds and an increase of 20% move speed during Force Camouflage (probably the most important Marauder abilities) is just too good to pass up for PvP.

In terms of PvE, those two points from Phantom could be moved into Empowerment.

The changes to the Rage tree look decent; I just don't like my entire build and damage output to be based on a shifty and un-reliable AoE ability.

Carnage looks like a good PvE tree with its recent changes. I wonder how it'd fare in PvP but given how much trouble I was having staying on targets by applying Crippling Slash instead of Rupture, I'll stick with Annihilation for PvP purposes.

So alot of this is PVP talk but i am curious about PVE, has Carnage been buffed so well in the PVP aspect that its lost its PVE capablility i use to be Carnage 5/31/5 and it was very viable with a burst time dps if you werent an avid lover of making your enemy bleed. All in all Is Annihilation the PVE way to go now? or is there still enough burst outa Carnage to stay?

If you are going pure PVP, I think this will probably be the standard for Annihilation:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/marauder#9f2828elc-2i-k

There is no need for Enraged Charge, there is no need for Phantom, and there is no need for Defensive Roll. With the buff to Ravage, I think the 2 points in Ravager will be pretty beneficial. Your mileage may vary, of course, but for those that usually run with a healer or 2 (which will be pretty much everyone once Rated Warzones come out, since you will have to queue with a full team of 8 to get in), I think the "incoming damage-reduction" talents are not as important.

For the record, I went with 2 points in Defensive Roll instead of in Ravager, since I will be raiding tonight and I am not sure how the AE damage will be (and I am too lazy/cheap to respec every day just to change one talent).

No, just no. This is a mish-mash of PvP/PvE skills thrown in together. It doesn't attempt to min-max anything.

Those two points in Ravager are useless. They'd be much better spent into Phantom or Defensive Roll/Stagger depending on your preference.

There's also no need to put two points into Empowerment unless you're going for a PvE build. Empowerment was proven to be completely sub-par in PvP and especially with the changes to Undying Roar, Obfuscate and Disruption (removing their Rage cost), you're going to need that 1 extra Rage point even less.

Enraged Charge is absolutely necessary to get your rotation going if you're using Charge to initiate the battle: Charge -> Deadly Saber (while Charging in mid-air) -> Rupture (awesome that you don't have to apply Crippling Slash since Rupture gives you a nice 50% slow) -> Optional: Ravage if it's not on CD (even better now that it's uninterruptible) -> Annihilate.

Edited by lollermittens

As we are all entitled to our own opinions, I'll just say that I disagree with yours. I think an 8% damage increase on what is now one of our highest damage-dealing abilities is worth more than 2 extra seconds of stealth (plus an increased run speed, woot). Edited by PenoNation

No, just no. This is a mish-mash of PvP/PvE skills thrown in together. It doesn't attempt to min-max anything.

Those two points in Ravager are useless. They'd be much better spent into Phantom or Defensive Roll/Stagger depending on your preference.

i agree there

There's also no need to put two points into Empowerment unless you're going for a PvE build. Empowerment was proven to be completely sub-par in PvP and especially with the changes to Undying Roar, Obfuscate and Disruption (removing their Rage cost), you're going to need that 1 extra Rage point even less.

empowerment is a nice ability, passive rage generation is never a bad thing

and its not a matter of "needing" that 1 extra point for something in particular, its a matter of generating rage passively, the more passive generation you have, the less active generation you need to do

Enraged Charge is absolutely necessary to get your rotation going if you're using Charge to initiate the battle: Charge -> Deadly Saber (while Charging in mid-air) -> Rupture (awesome that you don't have to apply Crippling Slash since Rupture gives you a nice 50% slow) -> Optional: Ravage if it's not on CD (even better now that it's uninterruptible) -> Annihilate.

enraged charge is not worth the points

charge generates 3 rage, enraged charge turns that into 4

0 rage -> charge

4 rage -> DS

1 rage -> hmm, 1 rage, cant do anything with that, have to build some now

it doesnt change anything for your opener, you still have to charge > DS > BA even if you have enraged charge

unless you are starting a fight with rage already built up, in which case enraged charge matters even less

Interested in seeing people's annihilation builds in 1.2.

Here's what I'm thinking: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/marauder#7f28e8elc-22i-i

I would get rid of the Malice points, move them to Ravager and add 1 point to Hemorrhage. Marauders don't have many Force Abilities, and 6% increase isn't that much for the 4 or 5 force abilities Marauders have.

With Ravager, you get bonus damage with Ravage (in my opinion the best Marauder move for damage output) and 3 less seconds of waiting to use it again. Hemorrhage is also good to have more points in because the damage would be increased every time you activate Rupture, Deadly Saber, and any other bleeding effects.

I use Deadly Saber whenever I can, which is very often, and it greatly increases damage output, so having even more damage added on to that would be really great.

But yeah, that's just my playstyle, so if you like having your Force moves Crit more often, then that's fine.

Edited by ultimatesjk