Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weeks wasted.

Zen-Truehazzrd
04.12.2012 , 09:49 AM | #1
so yeah im shure im not the only 1 who is enraged over the fact that legacey skills not only require the legacey that took weeks grind the only grind you can actually find in this game. but actually takes stupid amounts of cash. im not going to go broke for ship toys when i already did the work to unlock them. if this is not changed asap im done with swtor they lied to us for weeks about 1.2 content to try and get a bunch of us to hang around . i stuck it out for weeks just grinding legacey cuz i had nothing else to look forword to in this game and now i feel my time has been wasted.

i loved this game but after this i feel lied to and i dont know if i can continue playing after i wasted weeks for no reward making alts i would not have if i knew i had to grind and go broke just for in game toys.
CE

GreySix
04.12.2012 , 09:51 AM | #2
If you're cutting sling, let me know where you'll be dropping your gear, and if you've got a bunch of credits, I'll send warm thoughts in your direction were you to transfer them to me. Thanks.

Rogozhi
04.12.2012 , 09:52 AM | #3
Maybe you should have spent a little time reading up on what legacy involved instead of just grinding like a madman?

Legacy is going to be great as it will provide neat little perks to my main as I play my alts. Play my alts for the main selling point of this game: the story.

RickRedOne
04.12.2012 , 09:55 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zen-Truehazzrd View Post
if this is not changed asap im done with swtor they lied to us for weeks about 1.2 content to try and get a bunch of us to hang around.
The costs and requirements for legacy stuff has been well documented for quite some time..

Oh, and can I have your stuff?
The Details, it is all about the Details
Adapt, Overcome, Improvise

leojreimroc
04.12.2012 , 09:57 AM | #5
For every patch, there's few uninformed people who rage quit. The information has been up for weeks. PTS has been up for weeks. There's no reason to discover any of this today.

You can't fault anyone but yourself for not knowing what was in the patch.

Zen-Truehazzrd
04.12.2012 , 09:58 AM | #6
what great perks do you speak of ? the gtn i can already use in game the mail box i can already use ? the training dummy i wont use cuz combat log is super fail. yeah it so worth the grind and cash to be able to use a few more things on your ship instedd of actually leaving your ship and going to fleet. and really who cares about the jet pack sprint has been moved to alevel 1 skill.
CE

Lugosi
04.12.2012 , 10:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Zen-Truehazzrd View Post
so yeah im shure im not the only 1 who is enraged over the fact that legacey skills not only require the legacey that took weeks grind the only grind you can actually find in this game. but actually takes stupid amounts of cash. im not going to go broke for ship toys when i already did the work to unlock them. if this is not changed asap im done with swtor they lied to us for weeks about 1.2 content to try and get a bunch of us to hang around . i stuck it out for weeks just grinding legacey cuz i had nothing else to look forword to in this game and now i feel my time has been wasted.

i loved this game but after this i feel lied to and i dont know if i can continue playing after i wasted weeks for no reward making alts i would not have if i knew i had to grind and go broke just for in game toys.
Lied to you? Funny because this was posted in early March.

Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
You're not likely to have any significant legacy levels if you just play characters in the 20 to 30 range. You only unlock legacy levels once you finish chapter 1 ( ~ level 30) with a character in the first place.

And let me make this clear, since there's some confusion about it:

The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

The credit option exists so players can enjoy content that they know they would never unlock in regular play (e.g. 'I'd love a pureblood Smuggler, but no way I'll level a Sith Warrior just for that').

Some things (like legacy class abilities) cannot be purchased with credits while other things can only be purchased (not unlocked) but are gated by legacy level (e.g. the GTN for your ship requires you to have a high legacy level before you can purchase it).
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum

Rogozhi
04.12.2012 , 10:03 AM | #8
Things don't need to be super uber-powerful awesome. GTN and Mailbox on my ship is great!

This wasn't intended to be something to grind. It was supposed to be something fun to do reward leveling alts (hopefully republic ones) and add to your personal story. Bioware makes ROLE-PLAYING GAMES, which means, you know, you play a role.

The_Big_Ginger
04.12.2012 , 10:04 AM | #9
What I'm angry about is the fact that we actually have to spend money on the Legacy system. By grinding, leveling and working through characters, I have ALREADY EARNED the ability to use the Legacy skills promised. I'm not being unrealistic when I say less than 10% of SWTOR can probably afford all of the Legacy items / skills / unlocks atm. It's ridiculous. This game is being burned already for bad PvP and no end-game content (Not that much their fault, considering it's a new game), but they just had to go and kick RPers and people who like to roll new characters in the balls. This is just idiotic, and the team should be ashamed of themselves for allowing such a stupid decision to go through. I understand games need money sinks, but the prices for the Legacy system are so bloated that it makes it near impossible to unlock anything in a reasonable amount of time. If unlocking a class was, say, 150k credits, I'd be okay with that, because it's reasonable and accessible. 1.5 million is NOT easy and accessible.

tl;dr BioWare punishes people for playing more.
CE Ordered. >:3

Zen-Truehazzrd
04.12.2012 , 10:04 AM | #10
you all can enjoy your junk game filled to the brim with trolls. i swear knowone can post on this site with out you trolls chiming in wanting people to quit and poking at freaking grammer flaws like it really matters on a 2nd rate mmo .

and i did read about legacey but they make everything very un clear as MY ENTIRE GUILD THOUGHT IT WAS MONEY OR LEGACEY NOT BOTH.

just like they where very un clear about 90% of this patch.
CE