Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware why the ninja nerf to death from above?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bioware why the ninja nerf to death from above?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Galvatron
04.12.2012 , 08:30 AM | #1
You reduced the radius of Death form Above which was fine but now you ninja nerfed the damage by 30-40%. PLEASE EXPLAIN YOURSELF.
Galvatron/OptimasCO Founder Sinister
"The trick in life is knowing when to pick your pain and for what reason"
Sith PVP - SWG pre-CU/NGE BLOODFIN

Resallaprov
04.12.2012 , 08:31 AM | #2
Things have changed. Get over it.

doctor_atomic
04.12.2012 , 08:31 AM | #3
He's having fun throwing a tantrum, next he will tell us he unsubbed and expect us to care.
"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

Galvatron
04.12.2012 , 08:32 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Resallaprov View Post
Things have changed. Get over it.
No this is a ninja nerf or someone messed up as the damage of death form above was not to be reduced!

SwordofSodan
04.12.2012 , 08:33 AM | #5
It's now a fluff skill get used too it.

Galvatron
04.12.2012 , 08:33 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by doctor_atomic View Post
He's having fun throwing a tantrum, next he will tell us he unsubbed and expect us to care.
Not going anywhere as of yet. Paid for a full 6 months. But alot of people are talking about how damage is reduced more than the 10% that was on the PTS..

So instead of being azzhats maybe listen.

pmeeps
04.12.2012 , 08:34 AM | #7
in all fairness it was completely ridiculous before.

Galvatron
04.12.2012 , 08:35 AM | #8
MMMmm just had 3 other Bh's in full BM gear do a warzone and only do around 60k damage.

But you guys keep saying what your saying.

BobaFaceroll
04.12.2012 , 08:42 AM | #9
I'll log in and check. I'm betting it's because it now works the same as Mortar Volley for damage, which was definitely inferior to DFA.

Quote: Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
MMMmm just had 3 other Bh's in full BM gear do a warzone and only do around 60k damage.

But you guys keep saying what your saying.
Did they forget to respec when all their points were refunded or something? I could take out my PT and never use DFA once and stomp all over 60k damage.

ExileFett
04.12.2012 , 08:45 AM | #10
I AM going to unsuscribe. I'm just leveling to get my thermal detonator and I'm going to shelve this game for a year or so. I'm guessing the best stuff this game will have to offer won't even be playable until a few years anyway. KoTOR3 meets SW:Battlefront 3

I'm also guessing because of this nerf that you won't hardly see merc.'s at the top of damage anymore. Leave that to the lightning fingers and pebble throwers.

Radius reduction hurt bad, -30-40% damage is real bad, but not giving us the talent tree options to get some of it back is worst of all. The decent thing for them to have done was at least add DFA to the +crit for Rail shot/Thermal det/IM/FM (forgot name).

I'm not encouraging any BH to quit/unsuscribe. By all means keep playing and providing the feedback Bio/EA aparently needs because they may or may not know what they are doing. I look forward to when things have settled down and/or expanded.