Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Luke Skywalker EU

CJ_SAX_MAN's Avatar


CJ_SAX_MAN
04.09.2012 , 10:40 PM | #1
While I am on the topic of EU, is it true that supposedly, like Revan, Luke supposedly found a way to be ultimately strong by harnessing both the Dark and Light side together?

I know there are 2 theories on the force

The Balance theory
The force is made of a balance between good and evil, and only accepting one side will not grant ultimate power

The Light theory (said to be Lucas Cannon also)
The force being balanced is the force in light. Light side is the true force and the dark side is simply a perversion of it.

Any other info from the EU would be awesome to hear about, how Luke supposedly remakes the Jedi order the way it truly should be etc... Considering Luke even fell in love and everything, it must be safe to assume that the Jedi teachings up until that point were flawed in some way.
Sarthist, Jedi Guardian Guild: Inferno Server: The Fatman
Please help me get Bioware to make my guide into a "sticky"
Guide for players on weak computers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383030

VanorDM's Avatar


VanorDM
04.10.2012 , 12:27 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by CJ_SAX_MAN View Post
Luke supposedly found a way to be ultimately strong by harnessing both the Dark and Light side together?
No he never did that. He spent some time fallen to the Dark Side, but he never mastered both sides, in fact I believe the established lore is that no one can actually master both sides at the same time.

Luke actually stats this in one of the books.

Something about how there is no such thing as a gray side, you are either part of the Light or part of the Dar, but you can never be part of both.

CJ_SAX_MAN's Avatar


CJ_SAX_MAN
04.11.2012 , 08:57 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by VanorDM View Post
No he never did that. He spent some time fallen to the Dark Side, but he never mastered both sides, in fact I believe the established lore is that no one can actually master both sides at the same time.

Luke actually stats this in one of the books.

Something about how there is no such thing as a gray side, you are either part of the Light or part of the Dar, but you can never be part of both.
Though it has been claimed that Revan was. Though some people also say he just lost his mind.
Sarthist, Jedi Guardian Guild: Inferno Server: The Fatman
Please help me get Bioware to make my guide into a "sticky"
Guide for players on weak computers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383030

TheBentOne's Avatar


TheBentOne
04.11.2012 , 10:01 PM | #4
Luke tends to flip flop his philosophy based on what suits him best at that given moment in time. Currently he supports the Light side only view but he has supported the balance view in the past (even going so far as to blast Killiks with force lightning in dark nest).

I suspect his current stance is just him being overprotective of his son more than anything else.
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.
- From the Journeyman Protectors oath.

CJ_SAX_MAN's Avatar


CJ_SAX_MAN
04.12.2012 , 03:59 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBentOne View Post
Luke tends to flip flop his philosophy based on what suits him best at that given moment in time. Currently he supports the Light side only view but he has supported the balance view in the past (even going so far as to blast Killiks with force lightning in dark nest).

I suspect his current stance is just him being overprotective of his son more than anything else.
So I guess Luke didn't end up being the true perfect good Jedi like I read somewhere,
Sarthist, Jedi Guardian Guild: Inferno Server: The Fatman
Please help me get Bioware to make my guide into a "sticky"
Guide for players on weak computers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383030

DaWaffle's Avatar


DaWaffle
04.12.2012 , 05:51 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CJ_SAX_MAN View Post
So I guess Luke didn't end up being the true perfect good Jedi like I read somewhere,
It's more of a thing of EU writers being biased than anything else.

Sniperrecon's Avatar


Sniperrecon
04.12.2012 , 06:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by VanorDM View Post
No he never did that. He spent some time fallen to the Dark Side, but he never mastered both sides, in fact I believe the established lore is that no one can actually master both sides at the same time.

Luke actually stats this in one of the books.

Something about how there is no such thing as a gray side, you are either part of the Light or part of the Dar, but you can never be part of both.
Actually , in the current books Luke always refers to Jacen and his looking for a balance between light and dark. Luke even goes as far as finding Kit Fitso's people and learning that there is no such thing as Dark and Light , but its the same side of the force , its just how the person uses it.

Luke does use Force Lightning against Arberth (sp) and at one point against the Lost Tribe.
Jania uses cloud minds (a dark side force tech) And Ben uses a version of force cloak (which was considered a dark side power) I also think someone else besides Jacen and Telki(sp) were flow walking , which was seen as a perversion of the force.
Sniperrecon_USMC
Ex-Elder Jedi
Assassin for VICE guild of Chilistra (formally from Tempest)
7 yrs. with SWG , 18+ toons on a server. Master of all profession in SWG.

DaWaffle's Avatar


DaWaffle
04.12.2012 , 06:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sniperrecon View Post
Actually , in the current books Luke always refers to Jacen and his looking for a balance between light and dark. Luke even goes as far as finding Kit Fitso's people and learning that there is no such thing as Dark and Light , but its the same side of the force , its just how the person uses it.

Luke does use Force Lightning against Arberth (sp) and at one point against the Lost Tribe.
Jania uses cloud minds (a dark side force tech) And Ben uses a version of force cloak (which was considered a dark side power) I also think someone else besides Jacen and Telki(sp) were flow walking , which was seen as a perversion of the force.
... All of which breaks G-canon.