Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question regarding character switching and queue times

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Question regarding character switching and queue times

Eivon
12.16.2011 , 03:07 PM | #1
Sitting in 90 min queue waiting to try SWTOR for the first time. Had a question regarding queue times.

What happens after I create a character, play for awhile and then exit? Do I get placed in the character selection screen on the server I just logged into or do I get booted to the mainscreen(meaning I would have to queue for 90 min again if I want to create another character on the same server)?

Wasn't sure what class to play and wanted to create a couple of lowbie toons play them for half an hour or so each. Have to select this particular overcrowded server too since I have a friend I'm going to play with on it. Obviously I wouldn't get much done if I tried this strategy today and it turns out I need to queue for each character. Just wanted to check beforehand so I don't end up getting locked out from gaming for the couple of hours that's left of the evening.

indahra
12.16.2011 , 03:11 PM | #2
As long as you "logout" and don't "exit " it will take you to the character creation screen. You can create as many characters as you like and log back in and out in this way without having to wait in any sort of queue.

If you press "exit" though it will completely kick you off of swtor, and you would have to go through the entire log in process all over again, including the queue.

Eivon
12.16.2011 , 03:13 PM | #3
THanks for the quick reply. Great that you didn't have to queue each time. Was so unsure exactly what class to play.

split_light
12.16.2011 , 03:25 PM | #4
Just stay on one server and your good.