Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do jugg/guardians really need a penalty in defensive stance?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Do jugg/guardians really need a penalty in defensive stance?

Vid-szhite
04.12.2012 , 02:07 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by gofortheko View Post
The Shadow/Sin nor the VG/PT have a penalty when they are in their respective tank stances, so I am curious as to why a jugg/guard who are in tank stance suffer a penalty to their rage/focus generation?

If its because of the rage/focus generation from being hit in tank stance, take it out, we dont need it. I would rather be able to generate all the time focus/rage than situational generation from being hit.
I would say it's because the Lore says that's what Soresu Form's weakness was: you spend so much time deflecting that you don't have time to strike in heated battles, hence the creation of Shien Form.

The skill trees surrounding the lightsaber forms are actually very true to the lore of their forms. The devs did a good job making a balanced game that took the lore as a foundation.

kuey
04.12.2012 , 04:22 AM | #12
For a fully tank spec'd jugg/guardian the loss in focus generation isn't as bad due to our increased ability to generate another focus every 3 seconds whilst getting hit. Personally I find it evens out. Since we have sundering strike, I don't really rely that wholeheartedly on Strike for focus generation. At least nowhere near as much as a Sentinel may. So long as you don't use strike twice in a row and are taking damage, then it evens out. You might also say that our tanking stance is now getting a 6% dmg buff thanks to our mastery (in our mid tree). I know this is only really relevant in PvE and when taking damage in PvP.

When we're not the focus of being attacked in PvP, our dps suffers a significant drop thanks to the large reduction in focus generation. Assassins/shadows and pts/vgs don't suffer this penalty in PvP and is probably why you see more people complain about the inefficiency of tank spec juggs/guards in PvP compared to other tank specs.

I guess it's for this reason we have our 6 focus 1 min CD skill and saber throw. Instant 9 focus and 12 with force leap. Now if only cyclonic sweeps affected all attacks it would be so much better.

Xaearth
04.12.2012 , 04:39 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by kuey View Post
When we're not the focus of being attacked in PvP, our dps suffers a significant drop thanks to the large reduction in focus generation. Assassins/shadows and pts/vgs don't suffer this penalty in PvP and is probably why you see more people complain about the inefficiency of tank spec juggs/guards in PvP compared to other tank specs.
Do Juggs/Guards not build rage/focus when you take damage due to guard?

Cuz that would seem awfully silly from the dev team that experienced the fiasco that was IronBreaker (resource on hit/on guard target hit) vs. Blackguard (resource on attack) resource generation in PvP.
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with BioWare."
~ SWTOR Update 1.2: Legacy