Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are the Sith more powerful than the Jedi?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Are the Sith more powerful than the Jedi?

lokdron
04.11.2012 , 05:32 PM | #91
Depends on the skill of the force user imo.

ItchyThePenguin
04.11.2012 , 05:51 PM | #92
My goodness! This thread again?! Sheesh!

If the Sith are inherently more powerful than the Jedi, then why would a Sith ever be defeated by a Jedi? To say one side is more powerful than the other is just silly.
Jedi Guardian -- Miscreant (65)
Formerly of Mind Trick and Corellian Run -- Now of The Shadowlands

LeeC
04.11.2012 , 05:55 PM | #93
well it really boils down to the fact that Sith weed out the less than powerful acolytes and their apprentices death rates are high too. Unless you are a lord or Darth you're basically a red shirt, and this is before you even leave the academy! You probably could say that now that the sith academy is open to slaves that perhaps they balance out with the jedi but in an MMORPG that's really tough to say as there is no canon on the ratio of strength between jedi and sith orders. The jedi will train force users regardless of power and though they may not make it to master if they are powerful in the use of the force they will nurture and teach all their padawans into knights that can hold their own.

Bottom Line- Sith may have fewer forces but a higher chance of a jedi running into a powerful sith lord. Jedi's will have a higher number of knights at their command but it will be at a varying degree on how strong they are in the force.

lokdron
04.11.2012 , 06:01 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
well it really boils down to the fact that Sith weed out the less than powerful acolytes and their apprentices death rates are high too. Unless you are a lord or Darth you're basically a red shirt, and this is before you even leave the academy! You probably could say that now that the sith academy is open to slaves that perhaps they balance out with the jedi but in an MMORPG that's really tough to say as there is no canon on the ratio of strength between jedi and sith orders. The jedi will train force users regardless of power and though they may not make it to master if they are powerful in the use of the force they will nurture and teach all their padawans into knights that can hold their own.

Bottom Line- Sith may have fewer forces but a higher chance of a jedi running into a powerful sith lord. Jedi's will have a higher number of knights at their command but it will be at a varying degree on how strong they are in the force.
It was one of the reasons why the sith allowed anyone to take the sith trials or should I say they must take the trials of the sith or die. The ranks of sith was depleted in the war but I remember the background of swtor that normally sith are powerful but fewer in number because of the harsh trials and the dog eat dog environment.

So they needed to boost their numbers fast so now anyone that is force sensitive must take the trials of the sith. I do agree that the sith churns out powerful force sensitives cause the weak ones die off in the trials heck an overseer gets like 10 acolytes and only 1-2 will become a sith apprentice.

I say 2 because for example if both acolytes finish the final trial they may give the weaker force sensitive another shot or hand them over to another group of acolytes. Or simply make both of them fight to the death and the strongest one becomes a sith apprentice to a darth or lord.

Thul Lord: "They train you imperial well don't they?"

Sith inquisitor: "Well whenever a fellow student died on korriban we held small parties"

unicornfive
04.12.2012 , 04:23 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr_Maniac View Post
The Jedi are stronger when it comes to true power, being one with the Force, finding peace in conflict, and so on.

Now, if you define "power" as "can burst into a building and electrocute everyone to death within a few seconds"....
Sith can become ghosts after they die too.
Many dark lords of the sith protect their tombs as ghosts after their death. They even have the power to harm ppl or possess them. Unlike weak jedi one-with-the-force

Processj
04.18.2013 , 01:33 PM | #96
The Grey force users are the most powerful.

Examples:
- Luke
- The Voss
- Revan

Aurbere
04.18.2013 , 01:35 PM | #97
1 year, 6 days. Not the worst necro I've seen, but it's still a necro.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
04.18.2013 , 01:40 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Processj View Post

Examples:
- Luke
- The Voss
- Revan
There are no Grey force users....Luke isn't grey, nor is Revan who isn't even in the Top 10. The Voss for the most part, they just extend to visions. Besides two Voss did get training by a Sith, and then went over to the Jedi if you remember in the story.

Now why do threads keep getting necro'd today?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

LadyKulvax
04.18.2013 , 01:46 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Processj View Post

Examples:
- Luke
- The Voss
- Revan
Noooo not this thread noooooooooooooooo!
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Processj
04.18.2013 , 03:46 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
There are no Grey force users....Luke isn't grey, nor is Revan who isn't even in the Top 10. The Voss for the most part, they just extend to visions. Besides two Voss did get training by a Sith, and then went over to the Jedi if you remember in the story.

Now why do threads keep getting necro'd today?
All kinds of wrong. Just, wrong.