Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do Stormtroopers wear armor...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why do Stormtroopers wear armor...

cupofwater
04.11.2012 , 02:48 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DiabloDoom View Post
I thought that was something to do with their energy shield and how motion was being passed.
Physics brah, because of physics
"SEDUCTION"
"The dark is generous, and it is patient."

LeeC
04.11.2012 , 06:14 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
In the case of Han Solo, I doubt his blaster is exactly to civilian spec if you catch my meaning.
Exactly my thinking. Han Solo probably has illegal mods making his blaster strong enough to pierce the armor. In aNH Luke is using a strom trooper blaster carbine which would more than likely be powerful enough to pierce ST armor. As to why Leia's blaster pistol did could be luck shot.

In tEST I don't beleive Luke or Han shot any storm troopers. Leia, Lando, and Chewie did but they all where walking around with Storm Trooper carbines aswell.

As for RotJ I can only really think of the fact that the ewoks outnumbered the storm troopers and used less than conventional means. Other than that \_(O.o)_/

Fyurii
04.11.2012 , 06:20 PM | #23
Because Lucas didn't quite think things through at the time. Or since.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

Captain_Zone
04.11.2012 , 09:39 PM | #24
Now I have a joke...

Why do Stormtroopers wear armor?

So it's easier to shoot them.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Tsukae
04.11.2012 , 11:38 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
doesn't matter what we see in the movies is how it actually is. So if in a book a stormtrooper can take 5 blaster shots and in the movie he can only get hit by 1. then we go by the movie standard.
We can assume it was luck or we can assume it was the force trying to create balance. There are lots of ways you can ******** what happened in the movie so that the universe can make an ounce of *********** sense. If we go entirely by the movie then I think it is safe to say Ewoks are the most powerful race in the galaxy and should be building an empire of their own in Episode 7, 8, and 9 if those are ever made cause no *********** way Thrawn could handle the Ewok master race's *********** rocks.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

Buddhalux
04.12.2012 , 02:05 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsukae View Post
We can assume it was luck or we can assume it was the force trying to create balance. There are lots of ways you can ******** what happened in the movie so that the universe can make an ounce of *********** sense. If we go entirely by the movie then I think it is safe to say Ewoks are the most powerful race in the galaxy and should be building an empire of their own in Episode 7, 8, and 9 if those are ever made cause no *********** way Thrawn could handle the Ewok master race's *********** rocks.
You mean mitichlorians?
Matala 50 Merc
Matael 50 Marauder
Mataz 3x Jugg
Matazi 2x Sniper

Bilacorna
01.14.2014 , 02:10 AM | #27
One thing you know for sure is that it's mass produced by the lowest bidder...no doubt with Hutt involvement.

Jandi
01.14.2014 , 03:21 AM | #28
It's probably designed to absorb kinetic damage and little else. To offer protection against angry mobs :P Producing armour that would take blaster hits at that scale would be too expensive.

Shadowsentinel
01.14.2014 , 08:35 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by dprijadi View Post
why SWTOR's trooper got better and badder armour compared to Clone wars armour
Never occurred to you that Trooper is a leader of special forces unit while Clone troopers are nothing but cannon fodder? Leader of special forces definitely have access to the better gear than tank-bred soldiers who have a very little value since you can just create more of them. As result, in order to produce such amount of armor, it's quality lower.

LadyKulvax
01.14.2014 , 09:07 PM | #30
One hell of a necro...
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order