Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zarbak
04.11.2012 , 05:26 PM | #421
i'm fine with them not releasing a broken system... my problem is that you announce it now!? few hours away from the patch deployment?

you know what they say.. Hype's a bitc*!! expecially when you keep on pumpin it up and then don't deliver... look at your fans now...

this is really a lol situation
Go out there and give em hell, you were born to do this

Garrus Vakarian

Houdii
04.11.2012 , 05:26 PM | #422
Does their alternate method mean the 3:1 conversion of warzone:ranked comms?

Because they don't honestly expect us to grind 10k+ comms for a weapon do they?
Houdii
<Fat Angry Preteen>
Quote: Originally Posted by billionairetom View Post
i feel like houdi is definitely one of the people who should not have access to any and all forums.

LordHazanko
04.11.2012 , 05:26 PM | #423
Quote: Originally Posted by Redmarx View Post
I think we can call this...

The EA Effect

Worst company in 2012 and deserving of the title. Too bad Bioware, which had a great rep before, became a victim of it.
lol

Sengie
04.11.2012 , 05:26 PM | #424
And this is when I cancelled my account.

Bioware had the best PVP setting in the world, the Star Wars universe, Republics vs Imperials.

They screwed that up with a non pvp play, no shared quest areas, one pvp zone that sucked arse to be honest. ( I mean, I have lvl'd 2 chars to 50 and I have ganked/been ganked less than 10 times in quest areas.... This is not a PVP game, even if playing on PVP servers.).

Now, the only good thing about 1.2 is ranked PVP, they take that away.

I wonder if they waited this long to mention this "setback" just to get enough re-subs or if they do not give a **** about the PVP community. I mean, removing valor requirement was **** enougn. why even bother gathering BM commendations for months when they are now useless.

Screw you guys, I'm leaving this sinking ship of poo.

HelinCarnate
04.11.2012 , 05:26 PM | #425
Quote: Originally Posted by Suba View Post
Wouldnt it make sense to lower the conversion rate on Warzone Comms to ranked comms from 3 to 1 to 1 to 1 for the time being?

Early PVPers are gonna be punished by the lack of bioware getting a feature ready. So later on people can get their war hero stuff nice and easy with ranked comms flowing like water while early players have to get gear by doing insane amounts of warzone comm conversions.
What are you talking about? BW would never do something like that. Like they have a history of making the first group of people work hard for something and then make it easy for future groups.

end/sarcasam.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

xNonphixionx
04.11.2012 , 05:27 PM | #426
Bioware has obviously known this would not go live for a long time now. They didnt just wake up this morning and say "hmm lets not add ranked wz's, they arent ready."

Suba
04.11.2012 , 05:27 PM | #427
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
All of the other changes to gear and commendations (currently listed in the PTS 1.2 Patch Notes) will still be going into the game. The only change we're making at this time is that players won't be able to queue for Ranked Warzones.

You will, however, be able to trade Warzone Commendations for Ranked Warzone Commendations in order to purchase War Hero gear.
Will the trade in ratio be looked at? Right now its very unfair to PVPers. I will need 10,000+ warzone commendations just to buy a single War Hero piece. This means people who pvp now are being unfairly penalized by a broken system.

Daitakk
04.11.2012 , 05:27 PM | #428
What an absolute joke that you would wait till 5 hours before the patch to announce this. "Giving us time to plan our groups" is what you have been doing since launch (5 months).

I don't mind a feature not being completed in the announced timeline due to technical or design problems. But this is deceit, you lied to string people along. All of the communications up until this very moment have been hyping ranked warzones as a major part of 1.2.

RachelAnne
04.11.2012 , 05:28 PM | #429
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
All of the other changes to gear and commendations (currently listed in the PTS 1.2 Patch Notes) will still be going into the game. The only change we're making at this time is that players won't be able to queue for Ranked Warzones.

You will, however, be able to trade Warzone Commendations for Ranked Warzone Commendations in order to purchase War Hero gear.
Do you have any informations about the solo queue feature, please?

That 8v8 will come is mentioned in the blog, but what about solo ranked? It was THE feature for me and I am sure many others that dont have the time for fixed groups.

StephenReid
04.11.2012 , 05:28 PM | #430
Quote: Originally Posted by BoMbY View Post
It was never intended to let you queue with more than four in normal warzones, this was a ranked warzone only feature.
Unfortunately, this is the case. You will be able to queue in an eight-man team when Ranked Warzones are implemented.

Regarding the timing of this announcement, the decision was made late in our testing for Game Update 1.2, after the team had examined the data and done additional internal testing. There was no deliberate delay. As soon as the decision was made, we communicated that to you. We realize it's a late announcement, but we felt it was only fair to communicate the change before Game Update 1.2 was pushed live.

Work on re-instating Ranked Warzones has already begun, and is the highest priority for the PvP team right now. They all want to bring the feature to you as soon as possible. However, we will not compromise on quality by rushing it to launch. As Daniel said, once we are satisfied Ranked Warzones work well and are fun for all who want to take part in them, we'll launch them.