Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware: Justification of Merc/Commando nerfs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bioware: Justification of Merc/Commando nerfs?

Strifegambit
03.28.2012 , 12:03 AM | #11
^^^

100% correct
What we do in life... Echoes in Eternity

Penddragon
04.11.2012 , 08:39 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by theLast View Post
Play Imperial in PvP for a week and you'll know why Commandos got nerfed.
The Commando was nerf because it was the great enemy of the empire in warzones. Funny the Sith Sorcerer not nerf, and no class is strongest in warzones, is seeing that Bioware CLEARLY enjoys the classes of the Empire. It's almost ridiculous. Leave slower and weaker the best of the Commando attacks. RIDICULOUS. I'm seriously thinking about going back to wow. What stupidity.
Why not nerf the heal bioware in warzones? It is absurd as a healer can heal a player being attacked by 2 or 3 enemies! And as a tank class can hit more than one class in wz? You should adjust this!
Sith sorcerer is an appeal! Nerf this!
Do or do not. There is no try.

Macroecon
04.11.2012 , 04:03 PM | #13
BW relies very, VERY heavily on ingame data collection. What that means is that the subclasses are balanced based not on how well the CAN be played, but on how well they ARE being played by the current player base.

And while one can at least partially understand BW's reasoning here, that approach is going to fall flat on its face once ranked wz PvP starts. Then it will become apparent how the top PvP players are going to flock to certain subclass builds and ignore others.

The downside for the player base is that it will be politically untenable for BW to make class balance adjustments in the middle of Season 1. So the current class (im)balances are here to stay for at least 4-5 months. There's a reason why all the top players have Marauders in development.

DarthPunitor
04.11.2012 , 05:14 PM | #14
tracer spam specd i usually get around top damage in wz's with cent gear and 2 champ weapons. im looking foward to the nerf, which is really a buff. Then, when i get top damage, people will know its skill and not me just playing an op class.

Furthermore, the operative/scoundrel is the worst ac for pvp atm.
"Honor is a lie, a chain that wraps itself around those foolish enough to accept it and drags them down to defeat."
-Gauntlet of Kresh- -The Tai Legacy- -Subutai - Punitor - Machiavelli - Davikk - Orda- Guild Website - Sister Guild Site