922k dmg done in a wz

Tomtiffany

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's impossible to tell.

A 'kill' does not mean that you contributed meaningfully to the death to an enemy player. It means that you hit them/healed the ally attacking them before they died.

Kills are meaningless. Damage is not.

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

It's impossible to tell.

A 'kill' does not mean that you contributed meaningfully to the death to an enemy player. It means that you hit them/healed the ally attacking them before they died.

/Agree

You guys are stupid, 922k damage is awesome. I agree that in this case he wasn't being much of a team player probably, since his team lost, and he was probably beating on healed players, but still guys... 922k. That's *********** insane. And guys, kills don't matter. Spamming aoe and dots and letting others do the real stuff gets you kills. Being awesome gets you damage. (especially 922k damage)

I'd love to see Razorfight duel Luciela. (look her up on youtube)

It's impossible to tell.

not sure if serious

/Agree

You guys are stupid, 922k damage is awesome. I agree that in this case he wasn't being much of a team player probably, since his team lost, and he was probably beating on healed players, but still guys... 922k. That's *********** insane. And guys, kills don't matter. Spamming aoe and dots and letting others do the real stuff gets you kills. Being awesome gets you damage. (especially 922k damage)

I'd love to see Razorfight duel Luciela. (look her up on youtube)

You have this totally backwards... what good is dealing insane amounts of damage if no one ever dies?

The end result of dealing damage should be killing the enemy.

You can get 70 kills by doing less than 100k damage.

So yeah. Serious.

if you only do a 100k damage and end up with 70 kills, you were not contributing.

when you look at a warzone stats, you can figure out how well people played in a team environment with a little bit of analysis

total damage / total kills = damage per kill (dpk)

if dpk is much greater than the average health of a player (15k), youre a scoreboard hero who cant work with his team to kill healers.

if dpk is between 15k and 5k, youre working with your team to bring targets down as quickly and efficiently as possible.

if dpk is < 5k, youre getting carried, or youre a healer.

if you want to just tunnel vision on the damage, thats fine, but to understand why people win warzones you need to actually start understanding how stats are dependent on each other.

and while every warzone is objective dependent, more kills = less time on the battlefield for the opponent. so racking up kills is never a bad thing

Edited by cashogy

if you only do a 100k damage and end up with 70 kills, you were not contributing.

when you look at a warzone stats, you can figure out how well people played in a team environment with a little bit of analysis

if dpk is much greater than the average health of a player (15k), youre a scoreboard hero who cant work with his team to kill healers.

if dpk is between 15k and 5k, youre working with your team to bring targets down as quickly and efficiently as possible.

if you want to just tunnel vision on the damage, thats fine, but to understand why people win warzones you need to actually start understanding how stats are dependent on each other.

and while every warzone is objective dependent, more kills = less time on the battlefield for the opponent. so racking up kills is never a bad thing

Very nice explanation there.

The only WZ right now that you don't neccessarily want to kill people all the time is Huttball... but that is completely situational.

Your DPK idea is very interesting.

The closer you are to 15k, the better for contributing to the kill right?

Correct me if I missunderstood that

Edited by Bocherel

Your DPK idea is very interesting.

The closer you are to 15k, the better for contributing to the kill right?

Correct me if I missunderstood that

yeah, if your DPK is between 5-15k, it means you were personally responsible for 30%-100% of the damage that went into a kill, on average.

The only WZ right now that you don't neccessarily want to kill people all the time is Huttball... but that is completely situational.

You don't always want to kill people all the time in Alderan or Voidstar ether. Just wait till teams realize you can coordinate kills with the door spawn on Voidstar, whenever my guildies and i have one person watching the door and yelling when to kill someone it almost guarantees a bomb plant. On the other hand if you kill someone as the door expires you actually did them a favor. Similarly on Alderaan if 2 people are defending a turret and you cant outright CC one, you don't want to stagger kill them. Its much more helpful to kill both of them at the same time, if you stagger kill them you allow 2 players to indefinitely defend a node.

With that said i agree with DarkDruid, doing damage does not equate to being useful in a warzone. If i need someone killed i much rather have 3 scoundrels who deal ~18k in 8 secs rather than 3 tanks who deal 1 million damage in 5 mins and kill nothing.

And for those who are wondering the OP did 43.9k DPK, thats far more stat padding than killing, but lets be honest he had 3 "DPS" that did less than 200k damage, two of which had less than 65k damage with less objective points than the OP.

Edited by Tipkaee

Agreed! On both points. The explanation was great, and in Huttball, often times it's better to not kill players if they're deep in either zone because the time they waste, trying to navigate the map, means more than killing a player and putting him where he can intercept someone on your team with the ball, heal someone on his team or position himself for a pass.

Either way, the 922k IS an impressive number (especially not in voidstar), even if it didn't amount to many kills, because he forced healers to focus on HIS targets...he controlled much of the fight with 922k damage. Obviously his team wasn't able to capitalize on his damage, hence the loss, but it sure as hell wasn't the guy with 922k damage that didn't do his share.