Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fps Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Utilityrabit
04.09.2012 , 11:54 PM | #1
I seem to be having FPS issues(severe in warzones) but my computers specs should run it fine considering i'm running all of the settings as low as possible.

My specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate service pack 1
AMD Phenom 9600 quad-core 2.30 GHz
3.00 GB ram ( Maybe a bit low? it really shouldn't be)
Radeon HD7750 video card.

With these specs it doesn't make any sense that i'm getting 5 FPS in Huttball. And it's unplayable in Alderaan civil war because of the turrets.

Does anyone have any advice? I know my specs aren't great but 5 FPS in Huttball on ALL of the LOWEST settings is unacceptable to me.

kirixis
04.10.2012 , 04:48 AM | #2
turn shadows off

turn AA off

get more then 3gb ram as swtor uses 2 processes to over come 32bit limitation so it can use more then 3gb ram

your os eats half you ram so u are basicly only running with 1.5gb ram for swtor

this meens it is using your HDD as virtual ram which eats up all your cpu power (which is very outdated nowadays)

best advice is if u want to play modern mmos upgrade to a decent games machine.

should onky cost u 800 or so and last for a few years

Cerimon
04.10.2012 , 07:00 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Utilityrabit,

Please see the following tips for cost free performance improvement in-game:

There is also a Graphics Quality Preset option in-game that you should set to Very Low.
Try setting your graphics card settings to performance options rather than quality for better frame rates.
Check that your Graphics card has the most recent drivers installed.
For instructions on how to update your Graphics card drivers please see here.
You should make sure that you have the latest version of DirectX installed on your system. For further details please check here
You should check that you have the latest Service Pack and Windows Updates installed for your operating system including the optional updates such as .NET Framework and Visual C++ features.

Thank You for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Utilityrabit
04.10.2012 , 04:10 PM | #4
I've done all of those suggested things before I even posted. Thanks for trying, I guess I just can't run this game smoothly.

Mandrath
04.11.2012 , 12:21 PM | #5
What resolution are you pushing? The biggest failing that I've seen is people buy lower end video cards (7750 is low end) and then try to run 1920x1080 resolution. It just won't happen.

If you want to game on that 7750, your max resolution is realistically a 4:3 1280x1024 or 16:10 1280x800 or 16:9 1280x720. Anything higher would cause your card to drop below a consistent 30fps.
Watch your back...Life is out to kill you!