Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

Angel_of_Cain
04.11.2012 , 08:46 AM | #421
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post

Unfortunately, we don't know much at this time. All that can be said for certain is that they are working on it, they've had certain companions in mind all along, and it'll come with a story update later this year. I'm suspecting it'll be a full-blown patch. As much as I love your May 4th idea(funny, I was just thinking about that earlier ,) I doubt it's going to come that soon. 1.2 is landing tonight, and I'm sure there will be a gap between big patches. We might get it in a small mid-patch. I'm inclined to doubt that as well. I think that the story patch that includes SGRs is going to be a big one, and ripe for beta testing. Since BW is playing it so close to the chest, that's my suspicious.
well poo one positive thing i heard was that BW said that they are releasing major patches (ie 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, etc) in a shorter time frame than there was between 1.1 and 1.2, the 6 to 8 weeks time frame. well, i guess my Female Commando will just have to keep flirting with Jorgan, until Elara comes around and my female scoundrel and Female Chiss (thats right) Sentinel will have to wait to be made well, it gives me something to look forward to after 1.2 initial effect is worn off.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
Quote: Originally Posted by VoidJustice View Post
The community itself ended any chance at open world pvp by rolling imperial in mass.

LeJay
04.11.2012 , 08:54 AM | #422
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Well, I figure DS Jaesa just rubs her the wrong way. Vette is a good girl with a slightly kinky side to her. I believe that when SGRs hit, she might be one of the "I never considered love with a woman, but you're the exception" characters.

And pretty much everything in the Consular story is either boring or silly, imo. But to be fair, it's just not my thing. I've heard her romance arc is probably the easiest to get drawn into, since she comes onto you if you don't come onto her. In one convo, I heard you WILL kiss her, no matter what response you give her.

That, and as cool as Nolan North is in other games, he pooched the Consular voice, imo. Not his best work.
Nope. As someone who has maxed affection with Nadia and watched all her convos, I can assure you that there was no icky forced heterosexual kiss, thank the Force.

I agree about Nolan North, though. Love the man to bits, but... not his best work.

Captain_Zone
04.11.2012 , 09:18 AM | #423
Quote: Originally Posted by LeJay View Post
Nope. As someone who has maxed affection with Nadia and watched all her convos, I can assure you that there was no icky forced heterosexual kiss, thank the Force.

I agree about Nolan North, though. Love the man to bits, but... not his best work.
He should have used the Drake voice, imo. But then, the Consular is supposed to be the stuffed shirt type from seeing the convo choices you're given early on. I suppose the voice he does fits the character.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Lurkz
04.11.2012 , 07:20 PM | #424
Haha. I am definitely holding out for my female JK/Kira relationship!
The Nightborn Legacy - Ebon Hawk - Aquillian Rangers
Captain Jaxx - Gunslinger || Caiden - Jedi Sentinel

...Holospectrum...

MusedMoose
04.11.2012 , 07:38 PM | #425
Quote: Originally Posted by Angel_of_Cain View Post
well poo one positive thing i heard was that BW said that they are releasing major patches (ie 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, etc) in a shorter time frame than there was between 1.1 and 1.2, the 6 to 8 weeks time frame.
I haven't heard a specific time frame for patches, but I have seen someone from BW saying that they plan to release patches more often. They actually said stuff would roll out every month, but that could be wishful thinking on their part. I hope it's not. I'm hoping for SGRs in patch 1.4, as 1.3 seems too soon and I'm an optimist. No idea if I'll be right, but we shall see.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lurkz View Post
Haha. I am definitely holding out for my female JK/Kira relationship!
*raises hand* Seconded.

I know one of the reasons a lot of us are eager for this feature is so we can play our characters the way we see them, not forced into being either heterosexual or asexual. Something I realized tonight is that the lack of SGRs is really keeping me from playing the kind of characters I like to play, which is to say, female ones. Given the option, I'll usually play female characters in a game - I'm a guy every day of my life, so playing a girl in a game just adds to the escapism. And since I'm not interested in romancing male characters and don't want to miss out on SGRs with female characters, well... My male characters have been getting a lot more attention than they usually would have, and to be honest, I'm kind of tired of them.

Sorry for the ramble, just wanted to get that out as I'm a bit frustrated with the game right now because of this. ...or it could be because of the class quest that's forcing my smuggler to fight elites who keep stunning his companion and then killing him. One of the two.

Also: welcome to the thread, Ulfjarl!

wainot-keel
04.12.2012 , 09:41 AM | #426
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
I haven't heard a specific time frame for patches, but I have seen someone from BW saying that they plan to release patches more often. They actually said stuff would roll out every month, but that could be wishful thinking on their part. I hope it's not. I'm hoping for SGRs in patch 1.4, as 1.3 seems too soon and I'm an optimist. No idea if I'll be right, but we shall see.
I'm hoping for updates more often too. At the moment, I'm only moving forward my female Sorcerer, since from what I've seen, none of the current companions are romance material for her.
But all the others are on hold, my JK, my Trooper, my BH...

If not updates more often, at least more info more often....

vanyelsf
04.12.2012 , 12:10 PM | #427
I'll completely jump on this bandwagon today cause I'm stuck at work impatiently waiting to go home and finally start looking at Legacy... But in my impatience, my mind is whirling with what really gripes me right now about the future same gender options.

Many of us are waiting for the options to appear and they have confirmed its in the works, but we have no idea how and where it will come into play. Some of us are just not speaking at all to our hopeful companion choices. I wish Bioware would give us just a bit more information. What I'd like to see from them is this:

1) A list of the proposed current companions to whom they are working on these relationships with, that is IF any of them are truly in the works. (That way those of us sitting on Aric or Torian or kira... et all can know that the character we've been waiting on is even in consideration)

2) Just a small statement saying something like "these options will become available even if you have finished the companion story line" or "please be patient and hold off on companion conversations until this is active". Reason being is with the new "legacy perks" available for finishing a companion quest line, those of us who are character focused will mis out on certain companion class perks because we haven't completed their arcs.

Personally, I'm not going to die if this isn't even slated until patch 1.7 or later, I love the game. I just want to have a bit more structure so I now what I should do while waiting for the content to arrive...

Rayla_Felana
04.12.2012 , 03:25 PM | #428
I was happy to see I could put my Female SI as a spouse with my female SW in the family tree, a step in the right direction if I do say so myself.

Froodlemaster
04.12.2012 , 04:01 PM | #429
I hope they don't add anything like that for until at least the next two or three patches. You know why? Because this game has a lot more stuff to fix and add than gay/lesbian relationships that only pamper a small amount of people.

I'm not against homosexuality, every man/woman for themself is my motto. But when a developer will put those kind of additions into a game over game breaking fixes or new content that would benefit a larger amount of people than companion relationships.

Please, stop asking for them, the developers know there are people out there wanting them, but for the love of God just calm your **** and let the developers fix this game.

Rayla_Felana
04.12.2012 , 04:04 PM | #430
Quote: Originally Posted by Froodlemaster View Post
I hope they don't add anything like that for until at least the next two or three patches. You know why? Because this game has a lot more stuff to fix and add than gay/lesbian relationships that only pamper a small amount of people.

I'm not against homosexuality, every man/woman for themself is my motto. But when a developer will put those kind of additions into a game over game breaking fixes or new content that would benefit a larger amount of people than companion relationships.

Please, stop asking for them, the developers know there are people out there wanting them, but for the love of God just calm your **** and let the developers fix this game.
Ah the old "My wants are more important than your's" argument, would work if it wasn't completely subjective.

They are coming this year, get over it.