Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

graphic card

Asafr
04.09.2012 , 11:38 PM | #1
i all =]

i got Geforce nvidia GTX460 1GB

that get really hard working on SWTOR dont know why in other games he's really Quiet

my computer spec if you need :

Intel Core i5 650 3.2GHz

MB : Asus P7H55-M PRO

3GB RAM

GEFORCE GTX460 1GB

SAMSUNG 1TB

if you have suggestions i would like to hear =]

thank you and have a nice week !!!
Huttese : Coo ya maya schoon.

You weak minded fool.

kirixis
04.10.2012 , 04:56 AM | #2
first off. give your gtx 460 heatsink a very good clean and add new thermal paste if u had it for more then 6 months on heavy use.

secondly i use manual fan control and always atleast 75% to keep it cool all the time.

now if u look in nvidea manager and turn of transparency anti allising and ambiant occulsion it should greatly improve perfmance.

now a thing to warn you agout gtx 400 cards. they use a fermi archetexture which meens they will run hot on heavy use.

now swtor ingame setting. turn shadows off. they are poorly optimised and eat half your frames on certain objects. if u turn it of u will have full frams again on the same object.

set the games AA to either low or off then use your cards AA filtering. not sure if thats good for all machines but works well for me.

also i would recoment you invest in a nice cooling case designed for gameing machines.

you can get basic one for 50 and allows you to place cooling fans directly over the graphics card. from of the case and also on the top. which gives immense air flow and can knock of a good 15c in temp.

now about fan speed as i said b4. nvidea has a neet little tool that lets u control fan speed. doing this allows the card to be much cooler then automatic. as that normally kicks in when the card gets past 70c.

i have have a high end gtx 470 and it stays at 58-61c at intense areas like warzones or raids.

also if you put your pc case on the floor under your desk while keeping good air flow. you should see a good noise reduction. alot of ppl have there pc on top of there desk next to the moniter.

Asafr
04.10.2012 , 02:51 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by kirixis View Post
first off. give your gtx 460 heatsink a very good clean and add new thermal paste if u had it for more then 6 months on heavy use.

secondly i use manual fan control and always atleast 75% to keep it cool all the time.

now if u look in nvidea manager and turn of transparency anti allising and ambiant occulsion it should greatly improve perfmance.

now a thing to warn you agout gtx 400 cards. they use a fermi archetexture which meens they will run hot on heavy use.

now swtor ingame setting. turn shadows off. they are poorly optimised and eat half your frames on certain objects. if u turn it of u will have full frams again on the same object.

set the games AA to either low or off then use your cards AA filtering. not sure if thats good for all machines but works well for me.

also i would recoment you invest in a nice cooling case designed for gameing machines.

you can get basic one for 50 and allows you to place cooling fans directly over the graphics card. from of the case and also on the top. which gives immense air flow and can knock of a good 15c in temp.

now about fan speed as i said b4. nvidea has a neet little tool that lets u control fan speed. doing this allows the card to be much cooler then automatic. as that normally kicks in when the card gets past 70c.

i have have a high end gtx 470 and it stays at 58-61c at intense areas like warzones or raids.

also if you put your pc case on the floor under your desk while keeping good air flow. you should see a good noise reduction. alot of ppl have there pc on top of there desk next to the moniter.
thanks you very much !!! =]

btw my computer is under my desk with very good air flow.

i will low the AA as you said and the shadow on the game.

and maybe i will buy good fan for my GTX460.

thanks for you help =]
Huttese : Coo ya maya schoon.

You weak minded fool.