Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Queue Visibility

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP Queue Visibility

Dohxuul
04.10.2012 , 07:16 AM | #1
It would be nice to have some visibility into the PvP Queue size. Queue composition (by AC) would be nice too.

Perhaps a table with character name, AC, and time in queue. That way I can gauge my chances of getting into a game so I can decide whether to start questing or chill at the fleet.

Thanks for making a great game!
-- Dohx

"When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not, mmm?" - Yoda
"Oh really?" - The Doctor.

TUXs
04.10.2012 , 08:08 AM | #2
I agree with this. This would be nice.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Ozzone
04.10.2012 , 08:41 AM | #3
Secrecy abhors visibility. It's a lot easier to hide information and attack any unfounded speculation by players than to reveal how something works and open up potential embarrassment.
Rumor has it that Operatives/Scoundrels have been nerfed more and faster than any class in MMO history. Well playing one it feels like it.

Zaodon
04.10.2012 , 08:42 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Dohxuul View Post
It would be nice to have some visibility into the PvP Queue size. Queue composition (by AC) would be nice too.

Perhaps a table with character name, AC, and time in queue. That way I can gauge my chances of getting into a game so I can decide whether to start questing or chill at the fleet.

Thanks for making a great game!
Too easy to "cheat", and rig the "solo" queue with all your guild mates who are all on Vent.

TUXs
04.10.2012 , 09:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaodon View Post
Too easy to "cheat", and rig the "solo" queue with all your guild mates who are all on Vent.
Hmmm...vs?! That ability will exist in 1.2 as it is. If I'm going to queue up with 8 of them, I sure as hell wanna do it for ranked gear, not to steamroll n00bs.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Zaodon
04.10.2012 , 09:50 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Hmmm...vs?! That ability will exist in 1.2 as it is. If I'm going to queue up with 8 of them, I sure as hell wanna do it for ranked gear, not to steamroll n00bs.
1.2 will have 2 Ranks. Solo Ranked, and Group Ranked.

If you want to exploit your solo rank, you could use this idea to "cheat" and solo queue with all your guildmates.

Bad idea.

TUXs
04.10.2012 , 09:54 AM | #7

If you want to exploit your solo rank, you could use this idea to "cheat" and solo queue with all your guildmates.

Bad idea.
I disagree. I still think it's a good idea. It's no different than ending up in a WZ with them now. Don't hold back game improving features for some lame ranking system that few people care about. Geezus, it's not like the WZs don't suck enough as it is.

Zellata
04.10.2012 , 12:11 PM | #8

Bad idea.
We already can solo queue with guildmates - all it takes is asking "did your queue just pop?" on voice comms.

Gliese
04.10.2012 , 12:22 PM | #9
I still think they need to allow you to queue for whatever WZ you want, not just random. Personally if I had a choice I would never do voidstar again. LOL
Gliese - 50 Operative <Opprimo Umbra>
Gleise - 50 Smuggler <Ewoks Anonymous>